Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dun Fergot
Went to Otter Creek this past Monday and figured I'd post ice conditions. 
Meant to when I got home but that's the way it is around here. Most of the time I loose my train of thought but when  times are good it comes back around as it's on a round track.

Anyway There was 3" of ice by the dam.  Had to find somewhere to get on the ice as there was lots of the edge that had water.
About half way up the the lake it was total open water.  I dun fergot to pay attention as we passed by the north end so no report about it.
There were quite a few people on the ice. All were by the edge.  I ventured out about 100 yds checking ice as I went. 3" all the way out.  There was no snow on it so a fellar could watch the cracks for thickness.
No fish?  Just a recon?

I would guess the edges will be sketchy all year. I'm sure water users will be reserving all they can causing edges to stay wet.
(01-01-2022, 07:06 PM)r2u2 Wrote: No fish?  Just a recon?

I would guess the edges will be sketchy all year. I'm sure water users will be reserving all they can causing edges to stay wet.

We did catch a few but real slow.
The fish we got were good size fish but saw some small ones caught by the neighbors.  My presentation was not what theirs was.