Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua?
Any reports on Mantua?  Ice thickness, safety across the lake, etc?  Any catching reports?  I have a couple of newbies I would like to take out on New years, hoping to take them some place safe and successful!
(12-31-2021, 03:26 AM)icerman Wrote: Any reports on Mantua?  Ice thickness, safety across the lake, etc?  Any catching reports?  I have a couple of newbies I would like to take out on New years, hoping to take them some place safe and successful!

There was a brave soul cruising around Mantua on a 4wheeler today.  Ice was probably 4-5" where we fished.  Quite a few folks were spread out all across the lake. I would expect there could still be a few soft spots from springs and closer to the inlet but I didn't venture that far out myself.  That said there were several folks fishing over that end.  Catching was fairish for Gills, pretty goodish for Bows.  Me n my son caught more trout than I ever care to catch up there anyway.  As always we let all the slime rockets go.  Kept a small handful of Gills and a Perch in order to stew up my favorite pot of panfish chowder. 

[Image: 20211230-152117.jpg]
I've heard it's 2" - 2 1/2" at spots out in the middle, with 4" - 5" near the docks. The new snow doesn't help matters, watch out for the springs in there.