Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Strawberry Conditions???
I was planning on taking my family up to the Strawberry tomorrow, but am second guessing the decison with this recent storm.  If anyone goes up today and could let me know how the conditions are, it would be appreciated.  
We aren't planning on fishing the marina area.  I saw that they posted the road would be closed today because of the storm.
I would also like a report. We cancelled out planned trip today because of the reports of all of the snow. The Strawberry Bay Marina posted ~ 8 hours ago, "*Road Update* Road will remain closed through the end of today, 1/1/2022, as we continue clearing the snow. We apologize for inconvenience. All other available parking lots are full in the valley." They must have gotten a lot of snow with this last storm.

Some guys fished Mud Creek today and reported lots of new snow and 5 - 7" of slush in most spots. Apparently the parking lot was also really ugly. I'm glad I chose to not head up there today.
We fished Strawberry on Tuesday and again today and the ice was 4  inches Tuesday and 5 inches today. My 8 year old had a blast. He caught 10 cutties all by himself. We got a few 20 inchers and a 23 incher. My uncle and myself picked up snowmobiles over the off season and used them for the first time this week. Wish we could keep from getting stuck that powder is deep and we are newbs.
(01-02-2022, 03:59 AM)Crawdaddy4 Wrote: We fished Strawberry on Tuesday and again today and the ice was 4  inches Tuesday and 5 inches today. My 8 year old had a blast. He caught 10 cutties all by himself. We got a few 20 inchers and a 23 incher. My uncle and myself picked up snowmobiles over the off season and used them for the first time this week. Wish we could keep from getting stuck that powder is deep and we are newbs.

Welcome to BFT and thanks for posting.  How much slush did you encounter?
Fished Strawberry yesterday (Saturday). Had snowmobiles to get away from the marina crowd. The snow is deep. We didn’t take them on the ice but to cover ground. We spent too much time getting my nephew unstuck. We both are new to snowmobiling so we’re learning. We came in early so got to the marina parking lot. They closed the road after us. I’m guessing it’s so they could plow it wider and better. My son went through the ice with one leg near the shore so be careful. That’s where we saw slush. Once out the ice was 4.5 - 5 inches and the fishing was good. A week ago we shoveled the snow out of our tent, mistake. We found ourselves standing in 2 inches of water. Yesterday we just stomped the snow down and stayed dry. We fished in 17 fow. I’d be curious how a Snowdog would do in that powder? Bought my snowmobile last spring just to icefish.
Good to hear you caught some once you got there. Its always an adventure.
I'd like to go up this week but the weather report doesnt look too good with snow and wind forecasted.  Getting stuck, having the ice tent blow away and stepping thru the ice , etc doesnt really interest me anymore.  The fish will be still be there later. Big Grin