Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek
Went to Lost Creek this morning (1/1/22). We got there at the same time as another group. The ice seemed thick enough based on one hole and the cold temps we've had. A gentleman from the other group fell through the ice up to his chest, so they packed out. We walked across most of the length of the ice along the dam and started drilling holes, and then I fell through to my waist. So we packed out. We drove down the arm to the boat ramp to check it out, ice there was a hair thicker and we managed to land a few fish close to shore. Be safe out there, it only takes one weak spot to fall through. The ice currently seems weak.
Glad everyone made it out ok. That's scary, did you have to help the other group or did they get out on their own? I have a fear of going through so that is one of a couple reasons I don't ice fish much if I do at all. Major reason I haven't found something comfy to sit on for my back....but anyways glad you were with someone. How long are you in the water? Be safe welcome to BFT and hope to read more from you
You are tougher than I am if you managed to keep fishing after falling through to your waist!
(01-02-2022, 03:21 AM)kentofnsl Wrote: You are tougher than I am if you manged to keep fishing after falling through to your waist!

I doubt I would have even gone on any ice after seeing someone go through it.