Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please say Hi!
I was so tired of riding a snowmobile without brakes I had to do something….
I just finished converting my machine to right hand brakes, if you see this machine around I am close by and please come say Hi so we can trade lies about big fish!
[Image: D3-B46-C1-C-C054-468-A-97-E5-1-DE314-DD05-E8.jpg]
Well hi, Shane!
Life is not about how to avoid the storm but rather how to dance in the rain!
I am up for trading lies
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Are you lonely...or just overly friendly?
Nice work modifying those controls. Hope they work really well for you. My sled hasn’t got brakes lately either, but it’s a mechanical issue. I hate it when I almost run off the other end of the trailer. Or those steep downhills really crank up the pucker factor. Sorry you’ve had to deal with that until now.

You fishing up north in the next while? I’ll be on the look out if so. (Sorry no goose trips, it started snowing about right after we chatted and the geese haven’t been landing close by lately). There are some sitting in fields up near Logan city limits but nothing I have connections with. Anyway catch sooner or later. J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(01-04-2022, 08:53 PM)wyoguy Wrote: Well hi, Shane!

Hi Gary,
I miss you Man!

(01-04-2022, 10:21 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: I am up for trading lies
Will trade lies for jerky!

(01-04-2022, 11:03 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Are you lonely...or just overly friendly?

I think maybe a little of both…..

(01-05-2022, 02:03 AM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Nice work modifying those controls. Hope they work really well for you. My sled hasn’t got brakes lately either, but it’s a mechanical issue. I hate it when I almost run off the other end of the trailer. Or those steep downhills really crank up the pucker factor. Sorry you’ve had to deal with that until now.

You fishing up north in the next while?  I’ll be on the look out if so. (Sorry no goose trips, it started snowing about right after we chatted and the geese haven’t been landing close by lately). There are some sitting in fields up near Logan city limits but nothing I have connections with. Anyway catch sooner or later. J
This year will be interesting with low water Jeff.
I always have loved hitting Hyrum, Newton, and Rockport but it seems everyone is just trampling on each other whether in boat or on ice.
Maybe time to head to big water like FG or the Berry, problem is neither of those places have my favorite fish in them.
No worries on the geese, I’ve kept myself busy enough targeting bull Sprig.
I can’t get enough of these things!
[Image: 113-B9323-E8-D3-45-C3-BCFC-7-D14-DD1-B5776.jpg]

[Image: 521-E834-F-DD4-F-4001-9-EC0-327-A0-CAFFF52.jpg]

[Image: 9-D532-D0-B-0515-44-D2-A960-6-B5-C6-F17344-C.jpg]

[Image: C3220503-C88-C-437-B-B088-F3458-A5-B2-F9-E.jpg]
Those are some nice pins! Such a graceful looking bird.
Nice Sprigs, we sure don't see many of them around here anymore..... At least during the season, but they come through in the spring heading back north and they are so pretty in their spring mating colors... Fun birds for sure... love their sounds..... Anyway not sure what this season will bring for people on the ice.... Since the water is so low, it will likely intensify the crowds, but there's usually still room, unless you fish Mantua on early ice when the whole state is there.... I ran into more people on the gorge last year than I did anywhere, but I think I was there on the burbot bash week, before the contest, so there were lots of people around... If I get on a stripped bite I'll give you a heads up if they are over 9" so they are worth the trip....

Gary, it was nice to see you are still on line... Are you heading to Cascade this winter? When I seen you guys doing that snowmobile trip up there years ago, I knew that was the kind of fishing I wanted to do, and boy I sure love that mode, it's the best... Thanks for all you've taught me over the years... Later Jeff

Is it REALLY "overly" friendly, or just "very" friendly. 

I tend to say "hi" to anybody who doesn't look annoyed by my presence.

(01-05-2022, 03:55 AM)MrShane Wrote:
(01-04-2022, 08:53 PM)wyoguy Wrote: Well hi, Shane!

Hi Gary,
I miss you Man!

(01-04-2022, 10:21 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: I am up for trading lies
Will trade lies for jerky!

I think maybe a little of both…..

(01-05-2022, 02:03 AM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Nice work modifying those controls. Hope they work really well for you. My sled hasn’t got brakes lately either, but it’s a mechanical issue. I hate it when I almost run off the other end of the trailer. Or those steep downhills really crank up the pucker factor. Sorry you’ve had to deal with that until now.

You fishing up north in the next while?  I’ll be on the look out if so. (Sorry no goose trips, it started snowing about right after we chatted and the geese haven’t been landing close by lately). There are some sitting in fields up near Logan city limits but nothing I have connections with. Anyway catch sooner or later. J
This year will be interesting with low water Jeff.
I always have loved hitting Hyrum, Newton, and Rockport but it seems everyone is just trampling on each other whether in boat or on ice.
Maybe time to head to big water like FG or the Berry, problem is neither of those places have my favorite fish in them.
No worries on the geese, I’ve kept myself busy enough targeting bull Sprig.
I can’t get enough of these things!
[Image: 113-B9323-E8-D3-45-C3-BCFC-7-D14-DD1-B5776.jpg]

[Image: 521-E834-F-DD4-F-4001-9-EC0-327-A0-CAFFF52.jpg]

[Image: 9-D532-D0-B-0515-44-D2-A960-6-B5-C6-F17344-C.jpg]

[Image: C3220503-C88-C-437-B-B088-F3458-A5-B2-F9-E.jpg]

Oh, boy, do I love pintails! Beautiful and delicious. 

If anybody out there wants to help me bucket-list a goose, I'd love to learn how, and I'll figure out something to trade....
[Image: 62-FA0-BFF-66-F9-4-F43-918-F-FDBE429-AAF07.jpg]

Here is one for you Sprig lovers:
Look closely at the leg.
Wow that is a beauty and comes with jewelry too, bonus... Later J
I will get me one of those beautiful birds one day before I kick the bucket.

Great photos.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
(01-06-2022, 02:59 AM)a_bow_nut Wrote: I will get me one of those beautiful birds one day before I kick the bucket.

Great photos.

Used to be a bunch of them in Farmington Bay.