Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to source good tubes for all species
I have been getting a lot of questions lately about where to get good tubes for Bear Lake fishing as well as other waters.   Before I answer that question, I will say I am not getting any kick-backs or payment in any form for what I will recommend.  After talking with several "tube makers" I finally convinced a place to make tubes specifically for vertical jigging for lake trout and cutthroat trout.  Not only do they have specific "LAK'R Tubes" that are a perfect size for Bear Lake/Flaming Gorge, but they sell many other types of tubes too, and a LOT of other soft plastics that are top-notch.  The place is Venom Lures out of Lancaster, OH.  Just google it, so I don't get in trouble for posting a link here.  I swear by their LAK'R tubes since they aren' loaded with all the salt like most larger tubes that anglers use for bass fishing.  (But they also sell those salted bass tubes if you want them).  The Venom tubes are tougher than the ones I was previously using from Gitzit or other companies.  I love the "bleeding" tubes in white with a blood-red interior and that is what I use about 80% of the time.  They have a few "glow" colors too for the anglers that like the glow-in-the-dark thing too.  The company typically has most things in stock and I have never had to wait on any back orders.   I've even used their "musky" tubes while fishing for halibut in Alaska!  Anyway, there you go!   These smaller companies are harder to find, but they make specific lures for specific uses that the big companies just don't do!  Another place you might consider too is called Dry Creek Outfitters which also makes some nice tubes.  
**MODS:  I considered posting this on the lures/tips page, but it does not get the traffic that the general page gets.  If it needs to be moved, it won't hurt my feelings.
Thanks for that
I will post the link
https://www.venomlures.com/tubes-venom-lures.html

been thinking about putting a float in side a tube and trying to keep it about 1 feet of the bottom trolling for big lake trout.
Thanks Scott, I appreciate the tip. Every time I go after big fish I end up getting stuck with whatever I can find in the local store and I’m usually disappointed with them. Thanks Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(01-05-2022, 02:14 AM)liketrolling Wrote: Thanks for that
I will post the link   
https://www.venomlures.com/tubes-venom-lures.html

been thinking about putting a float in side a tube and trying to keep it about 1 feet of the bottom  trolling for big lake trout.
Like these?  Since you are already making sturgeon fligs you should be able to make something like this.  I'd be happy to assist if you wanna do some.

[Image: MAGNUM-TUBE-FLIGS.jpg]
(01-05-2022, 01:57 AM)BearLakeFishGuy Wrote: I have been getting a lot of questions lately about where to get good tubes for Bear Lake fishing as well as other waters.   Before I answer that question, I will say I am not getting any kick-backs or payment in any form for what I will recommend.  After talking with several "tube makers" I finally convinced a place to make tubes specifically for vertical jigging for lake trout and cutthroat trout.  Not only do they have specific "LAK'R Tubes" that are a perfect size for Bear Lake/Flaming Gorge, but they sell many other types of tubes too, and a LOT of other soft plastics that are top-notch.  The place is Venom Lures out of Lancaster, OH.  Just google it, so I don't get in trouble for posting a link here.  I swear by their LAK'R tubes since they aren' loaded with all the salt like most larger tubes that anglers use for bass fishing.  (But they also sell those salted bass tubes if you want them).  The Venom tubes are tougher than the ones I was previously using from Gitzit or other companies.  I love the "bleeding" tubes in white with a blood-red interior and that is what I use about 80% of the time.  They have a few "glow" colors too for the anglers that like the glow-in-the-dark thing too.  The company typically has most things in stock and I have never had to wait on any back orders.   I've even used their "musky" tubes while fishing for halibut in Alaska!  Anyway, there you go!   These smaller companies are harder to find, but they make specific lures for specific uses that the big companies just don't do!  Another place you might consider too is called Dry Creek Outfitters which also makes some nice tubes.  
**MODS:  I considered posting this on the lures/tips page, but it does not get the traffic that the general page gets.  If it needs to be moved, it won't hurt my feelings.