Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice Fishing Kokanee 101
this is a good Read.
I don't Ice fish but they use the same setups I use for trolling, but I don't buy to much from them.  are any body. Just parts to make my own.

Use Glow.
https://mackslure.com/blogs/fishing-tips...ing-season

I like this
Kokanee is a fragile fish compared to rainbow trout.
They do not handle catch and release well
Thanks Robert it's a good read. I've been wanting to ice fish strawberry for kokanee. But the weather is making it very hard this year. I'm all geared up and ready. Only I don't have a snowmobile, bummer.
I've been watching YouTuber Don Allphin. He is a Flaming Gorge kokanee jigging fool, great fun watching him.
Enjoyed the read. Ice kokes have been a challenge for me but will keep trying - maybe- this rain and 40 temps are not doing anything for my confidence in ice conditions
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Thanks for the article. Enjoyed the short read. Tried to catch some kokes last year at Strawberry. Used a small glow dodger with a jig below. Marked fish on the bottom in 60 fow and got excited. Dropped down and caught cuts. Still have never caught a Kokanee but will try again when Strawberry is thick enough to go out to deeper water. I don’t love fishing with the dodger because it mutes the “feel” of the fish a bit.