Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starvation is not good
I just wanted to give an update on ice conditions. Starvation was building ice at a good pace until this January thaw we have had the last few days. Monday of this week the ice was looking great in Knight Hollow with solid ice and edges. This morning I arrived to very different conditions. There is now large pockets of open water mixed with soft ice and very wet edges. Most of the main lake is now wide open. I saw someone fishing from a boat south of the bridge on my way to Lake Canyon Lake. This ice season is rough. We need another cold spell soon.
That sounds like what I'm expecting from all the local lakes but I'm hoping they are not as far gone as Starvation. Warm weather and ice are not a good combination, if we want the ice to stay.
Every cloud, as they say... No ice is more than welcome to us boaters and non-ice anglers.
(01-08-2022, 01:16 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: Every cloud, as they say... No ice is more than welcome to us boaters and non-ice anglers.

Yea, verily.  One man's ice is another man's pleasure...or whatever.
(01-08-2022, 02:00 PM)TubeDude Wrote:
(01-08-2022, 01:16 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: Every cloud, as they say... No ice is more than welcome to us boaters and non-ice anglers.

Blasphamy, I say!  Y'all should both be ashamed.

[Image: Laughing.gif]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(01-08-2022, 03:33 PM)dubob Wrote:
(01-08-2022, 02:00 PM)TubeDude Wrote:

Blasphamy, I say!  Y'all should both be ashamed.

[Image: Laughing.gif]
Can't speak for Rocky, but I am shameless.  I used to have scruples...but I got vaccinated.
I was baptized a Sesquipedalian but I don't let it affect my fishing.
The State Park posted a video showing part of the reservoir and said that the reservoir is 80% open water again after the recent warm up and the wind.