Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any recent reports on Echo?
Want to get out there tomorrow but with the warm temps last week, I'm a little concerned about if there is any snow left on the shore or if there is any problems getting on the ice. I would assume the ice is still good because it was 5" last week. Thanks in advance.
(01-11-2022, 02:39 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Want to get out there tomorrow but with the warm temps last week, I'm a little concerned about if there is any snow left on the shore or if there is any problems getting on the ice. I would assume the ice is still good because it was 5" last week. Thanks in advance.
Earl and I are going there tomorrow.

(01-11-2022, 02:39 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Want to get out there tomorrow but with the warm temps last week, I'm a little concerned about if there is any snow left on the shore or if there is any problems getting on the ice. I would assume the ice is still good because it was 5" last week. Thanks in advance.
Looking at the Coalville temps since last Monday, I'm fairly certain the ice is still good for machines.  No clue as to snow depth now, but it has more than likely comprssed somewhat from last Monday when I was there last.

Date           High            low
10-Jan        28.4            6.8
9-Jan          23                6.8
8-Jan          30.9            12.2
7-Jan          41                28.04
6-Jan          37.4            30.2
5-Jan          32                24.8
4-Jan          30.92          23
3-Jan          30.92          12.92
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Thanks for the info Bob, that is encouraging that there was only two days when the temps were over 32 degrees, so I guess all should be good while getting on the ice. We will keep an eye out for your snow dog when we get up there.
(01-11-2022, 05:19 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Thanks for the info Bob, that is encouraging that there was only two days when the temps were over 32 degrees, so I guess all should be good while getting on the ice. We will keep an eye out for your snow dog when we get up there.
Since I KNOW you like to be on the ice at O-Dark-Thirty, you won't find us when you get there.   Wink  We should be along about 8 AM.  And turn your phone on when you get there this time.  Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(01-11-2022, 05:42 PM)dubob Wrote:
(01-11-2022, 05:19 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Thanks for the info Bob, that is encouraging that there was only two days when the temps were over 32 degrees, so I guess all should be good while getting on the ice. We will keep an eye out for your snow dog when we get up there.
Since I KNOW you like to be on the ice at O-Dark-Thirty, you won't find us when you get there.   Wink  We should be along about 8 AM.  And turn your phone on when you get there this time.  Big Grin

Won't be getting there that early, we are leaving at 7:30 so you might beat us there but I will make use my phone is on.