Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone been to cutler reservoir?
I've never been to Cutler reservoir, but drove by it on the way to Newton. Has anyone ever ice fished there? Was wanting to try and catch some bass or cat fish through ice. Any recommendations would be helpful.
(01-12-2022, 01:21 AM)05tmann Wrote: I've never been to Cutler reservoir, but drove by it on the way to Newton. Has anyone ever ice fished there? Was wanting to try and catch some bass or cat fish through ice. Any recommendations would be helpful.

Welcome to the site, Skunkedagain will hopefully see your post and reply.
I've been known to try Cutler on the ice. It's a tough cookie to fish... Most of the reservoir is shallow so when you fish 2' deep water you have to be very quiet so you don't scare the fish, the fish aren't overly active either, so catching one or two a day is a good day... There are a lot of areas with current in Cutler, so ice thickness can be a real issue and you have to check often to make sure you're still on safe ice... Over the years I've caught crappie, LMB, carp and bluegill through the ice oh and green sunfish as well... I have been with a friend that got some channels one year, but Cutler is not a spot I would target if I didn't live on it's banks... Just about anywhere else will fish better than Cutler, but if you're looking for a challenge, it is that... Good luck... Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!