Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 1/13/21
Fished Strawberry yesterday with Randy and Barry.  Ice was fine and walking around was easy.  Catching was slightly slower than average, but I can't complain.  Randy caught a rainbow and kept it for an hour or so.

[Image: Eagle-1.jpg]

[Image: Eagle-2.jpg]
(01-14-2022, 04:45 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: Fished Strawberry yesterday with Randy and Barry.  Ice was fine and walking around was easy.  Catching was slightly slower than average, but I can't complain.  Randy caught a rainbow and kept it for an hour or so.

Hello Kentofnsl.  Great pics!  Thanks for sharing.  How thick was the ice up there?
Awesome, but I think there's a regulation not to feed the wildlife Kent!  Big Grin

Did you fish out of the Marina, Soldier Creek? Going up Monday with grandkids, so want best access. Road conditions? I have 4WD.

TiteLines
(01-14-2022, 04:51 PM)Mbjones12 Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 04:45 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: Fished Strawberry yesterday with Randy and Barry.  Ice was fine and walking around was easy.  Catching was slightly slower than average, but I can't complain.  Randy caught a rainbow and kept it for an hour or so.

Hello Kentofnsl.  Great pics!  Thanks for sharing.  How thick was the ice up there?

5 to 6 inches.

(01-14-2022, 04:55 PM)TiteLines Wrote: Awesome, but I think there's a regulation not to feed the wildlife Kent!  Big Grin

Did you fish out of the Marina, Soldier Creek? Going up Monday with grandkids, so want best access. Road conditions? I have 4WD.

TiteLines

We fished out from The Strawberry Bay Marina.  Road was plowed and snow packed.  If one takes it slow it is fine.  It would be easy to get stuck in the parking lot, because there is some deeper snow in some areas.
(01-14-2022, 05:27 PM)kentofnsl Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 04:51 PM)Mbjones12 Wrote:

5 to 6 inches.

(01-14-2022, 04:55 PM)TiteLines Wrote: Awesome, but I think there's a regulation not to feed the wildlife Kent!  Big Grin

TiteLines

We fished out from The Strawberry Bay Marina.  Road was plowed and snow packed.  If one takes it slow it is fine.  It would be easy to get stuck in the parking lot, because there is some deeper snow in some areas.

Thanks for the info.  I appreciate it!
Thanks for the cool pictures.  It sounds like it was a fun trip.

I'm sure the eagle was grateful for providing him a meal or two. Wink
Define "average".

For me at the Berry, that's a fish every ten hours or so......
Ospreys like frozen fish sticks!
Great pics!
(01-14-2022, 05:37 PM)Springbuck1 Wrote: Define "average". 

For me at the Berry, that's a fish every ten hours or so......

Ice fishing, at Strawberry, average is ~30 and I landed 26 this trip.  I have had much worse days, so it was a good outing, and I missed a bunch of bites.
(01-14-2022, 06:10 PM)joshomaru Wrote: Ospreys like frozen fish sticks!
Great pics!

I'm guessing by your reply that you think the bird in the photo is an Osprey.

Osprey's migrate south for the winter since most of their diet is fish and when everything freezes up they would starve to death.

I'm not a bird expert by any means but I think the bird in the picture is a young eagle and most likely a bald eagle.
Agreed.  Probably a juvenile bald eagle.  Cool anyway though
Immature Bald Eagle. Here is a picture of an immature Bald Eagle from my Audubon Book of North American Birds.

[Image: 20220114-191958.jpg]
Good fishing to all.   Hue
Can anyone give a new snow/ice/slush, report on strawberry Reservoir ?
(01-17-2022, 11:43 PM)doitall5000 Wrote: Can anyone give a new snow/ice/slush,  report on strawberry Reservoir ?

Fished Friday and Saturday off of Soldier creek marina. 8 to 10 inches of ice with 1 inch of snow. No slush encountered.