Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry yes another berry report
Video 
Thanks to some great help from Catchinon and Doitall, we got On the ice around 9 am the bite was a little slow and very lite. We managed to ice 8 fish one nice bow a bunch of cuts and two cuts were under the slot so they got to go home woot. This is more of a thank you post for two awesome guys that were able to help get me on the ice considering my current condition I really do appreciate the help guys.
I can't teach you how to catch fish, but I can share some information.
The slush has frozen making it easy to walk and great for snowmobiles and ATV's. Lots of activities, many people going out across the lake, not to the middle, going to wards the channel between the two Reservoir s.
Weather was beautiful and clear, but you know cold..
It seams the bait was white and green tube baits, but it did require a wax worm.
Nice to get away from the city and have great company. As you can see the clear clean skies.

[Image: 20220128-101405.jpg]

[Image: 20220128-134800.jpg]

Oh! Craig did not catch it with cheetos.
If you can add anything please do. Like
to know about the fishing out in the obis. For kokanees are you able to find any.
Well it was one of the nicest days fishing on the ice. And the catching was pretty good, too. I was able to catch a couple of bumpers for the Ice Challenge. We were fishing 26' of water. We started out to go to Soldier Creek so Verdean could try for some kokes but were denied by no access for the 4-wheeler. So we went to Strawberry Bay and went out a few hundred yards trying to find some deep water where there might be some kokes hanging out. We just weren't up to walking halfway across the lake but we got out as far as anybody else. There were several groups spread out in all directions from the ramp but it wasn't really crowded at all. White, orange, and chartreuse were the lure colors of the day. I marked fish from 8' down but all the fish I caught were near the bottom. We had a typical day with a morning bite, no activity in the middle and another bite in the afternoon. I had a lot of fish come off the bottom to look at my offerings but most just stared and left. There was just a bit of snow and no slush. The ice was around 14".
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.