Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah lake crappies
Went fishing with friends this morning and all I caught was white bass.  My friend Rick got into some nice crappies.  I came back in the afternoon and redeemed myself with a bunch of crappies all between 8.5 - 11”.
[Image: 2-ECBB7-E6-1-B3-D-4-D3-E-9-B9-B-56-EB721-E9-FA3.jpg]
(01-16-2022, 12:57 AM)hook_sets Wrote: Went fishing with friends this morning and all I caught was white bass.  My friend Rick got into some nice crappies.  I came back in the afternoon and redeemed myself with a bunch of crappies all between 8.5 - 11”.

Nice haul, sounds like you had a great day. What was the hot lure?
(01-16-2022, 01:41 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(01-16-2022, 12:57 AM)hook_sets Wrote: Went fishing with friends this morning and all I caught was white bass.  My friend Rick got into some nice crappies.  I came back in the afternoon and redeemed myself with a bunch of crappies all between 8.5 - 11”.

Nice haul, sounds like you had a great day. What was the hot lure?

Blue trout magnet and my hand tied marabou jig.
Congrats on catching all of those crappie. I have caught them, a few times, fishing the soft water, at Utah Lake, but never had any luck finding them through the ice.
I got there just as you were leaving and your hole was dead !! Sorry I missed you, had a good time with Rick and the rest of the crew. Will look forward to meeting up with you in the future !! By the way, I am sorry you have to put up with Rick, been doing it for about 40 years now. Between him and TubeDude I don't have a chance when I go fishing with them, they are like vacuum cleaners on the water !!! Great guys, but they don't leave much behind !! Good job on those crappie !!
(01-16-2022, 06:14 PM)Therapist Wrote: I got there just as you were leaving and your hole was dead !!  Sorry I missed you,  had a good time with Rick and the rest of the crew.  Will look forward to meeting up with you in the future !!  By the way,  I am sorry you have to put up with Rick,  been doing it for about 40 years now.  Between him and TubeDude  I don't have a chance when I go fishing with them,  they are like vacuum cleaners on the water !!!  Great guys,  but they don't leave much behind !!  Good job on those crappie !!
Rick has always been a "erappie whisperer"...and pretty good at finessing walleyes too.  But times have changed since our "early days".  I don't recall seeing  many (if any) crappies or yellow perch in Utah Lake back then.  And there were a lot more walleyes and they were easier to catch. 

Good to hear you guys are finding a few fish.  I got rid of all my ice fishing gear a few years ago.  Sometimes I miss freezing around a little hole in the ice...but then I recover my sanity.