Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
JORDANELLE 1/16/22
[Image: IMG-20220116-113308511.jpg]

launched about 9 on the PWC ramp, can see the end of the ramp under the water,  one other boat showed up,  there is skim ice floating around, water temp 34 up to 36 in some spots,  hailstone is iced in, worked around the ice sheets up towards the inlet trying different koke stuff, could only find rainbows, several bank and ice fishers and one surfer, ya surfer.  and a couple moose, left about 3 before the sun went behind the mountain, 

On the way home past DC the north end is more open, Island ramp,  3 boats,  main ramp area is smaller, need some wind to blow it off, 

work computer wont let me load pics, add tonight.

[Image: IMG-20220116-123326469.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20220116-154141148.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20220116-154509701.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20220116-154925641-1.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20220116-154504816.jpg]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
(01-17-2022, 07:22 PM)MSM1970 Wrote: launched about 9 on the PWC ramp, can see the end of the ramp under the water,  one other boat showed up,  there is skim ice floating around, water temp 34 up to 36 in some spots,  hailstone is iced in, worked around the ice sheets up towards the inlet trying different koke stuff, could only find rainbows, several bank and ice fishers and one surfer, ya surfer.  and a couple moose, left about 3 before the sun went behind the mountain, 

On the way home past DC the north end is more open, Island ramp,  3 boats,  main ramp area is smaller, need some wind to blow it off, 

Thanks for the post. I heard that the main ramp if frozen in, can you confirm that?
(01-17-2022, 07:28 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(01-17-2022, 07:22 PM)MSM1970 Wrote: launched about 9 on the PWC ramp, can see the end of the ramp under the water,  one other boat showed up,  there is skim ice floating around, water temp 34 up to 36 in some spots,  hailstone is iced in, worked around the ice sheets up towards the inlet trying different koke stuff, could only find rainbows, several bank and ice fishers and one surfer, ya surfer.  and a couple moose, left about 3 before the sun went behind the mountain, 

Thanks for the post. I heard that the main ramp if frozen in, can you confirm that?

Thanks for reporting, I saw that boats have been going out off the PWC ramp. Was hoping you were finding kokanees. Love to see your pictures and details.  Yes I saw that crazy water skier,  he's  tougher than me,  or is crazier than me.  The people fishing of the shore, were they catching fish?  They have been ice fishing off the main boat launch for a few days, but not moving out very far. Must be thin ice. 
Thanks for reporting.
Ya the main ramp is solid, could see a ice fisherman out there today,
               O.C.F.D.
(01-17-2022, 07:55 PM)doitall5000 Wrote:
(01-17-2022, 07:28 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

Thanks for reporting, I saw that boats have been going out off the PWC ramp. Was hoping you were finding kokanees. Love to see your pictures and details.  Yes I saw that crazy water skier,  he's  tougher than me,  or is crazier than me.  The people fishing of the shore, were they catching fish?  They have been ice fishing off the main boat launch for a few days, but not moving out very far. Must be thin ice. 
Thanks for reporting.

I see your great pictures,  but no fish.  Did your sonar show fish? How did you fish? Kokanee trolling gear ? Love those calm waters. No jet skies...
I see your great pictures, but no fish. Did your sonar show fish? How did you fish? Kokanee trolling gear ? Love those calm waters. No jet skies...

We was after kokes, seen some on the finder but they didnt like what we offered, used all the koke colors, trolling with planer boards and down riggers, changed it up many times, even found fish stacked up in about 45 ft, come back to the spot, to jig for them, but they left and wasnt where we left them, couldnt find any more.

need some wind, rain in the valley, snow above 6500 ft, ice be gone.
               O.C.F.D.
Thanks for the report and Pics.  It looked like a beautiful day on the water.

Also, thanks for the report on DC.  We might end up there if we can't launch our tubes at Starvation tomorrow.