Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyrum 1/17
Got to Hyrum around 8am and realized I forgot the drill. Figured there would be old holes or someone to lend me a hand. Got out and found a hole that took me a few minutes to partially open by hand with my k-drill. Figured it was enough to try. On the initial drop a rainbow picked up my jig around 12’. It would have been a squeeze to get it through my opening, but it came off just as I got the head turned up. 

Decided to put up the tent and at least be warm, we’ll I didn’t have a lighter for my heater  Dodgy . Yep the theme of the day is forgetful. Fished a bit longer out of the wind and caught a dink perch. Saw several marks so stayed there. Didn’t catch anything for 30 minutes so went to my truck to see if there was a lighter in there. Didn’t find one but did find a few envelope on my windshield, forgot to hang my state pass. Luckily the officer was still in the lot, I hung my tag and went to talk with him. He was good about it and just asked which vehicle was mine. 

Some people were headed out as I was headed back to my tent. They drilled some holes between my tent and one just a bit further out. Guess they didn’t like what they saw and moved on. I went over to see if it was any better ( I knew the hole would be). The dog from the other group got a little anxious on my approach, and came over barking a bit. The owner came out and we chatted for a bit about Vexilar flashers. Then his dad came out and we talked even longer  Big Grin  

They offered their auger to me so I could fish two rods. I caught the bigger perch in the new spot along with a gorgeous cutthroat. 

Not a bad day of fishing but not hot. Grateful for the fishing community and friendly people. 

[Image: 3-B641956-988-D-43-C5-BC9-A-0-D1-CD3345893.jpg]

[Image: 796066-B0-C91-C-495-A-99-DE-D38756235-C3-A.jpg]
(01-18-2022, 01:22 AM)JArner Wrote: Got to Hyrum around 8am and realized I forgot the drill. Figured there would be old holes or someone to lend me a hand. Got out and found a hole that took me a few minutes to partially open by hand with my k-drill. Figured it was enough to try. On the initial drop a rainbow picked up my jig around 12’. It would have been a squeeze to get it through my opening, but it came off just as I got the head turned up. 

Decided to put up the tent and at least be warm, we’ll I didn’t have a lighter for my heater  Dodgy . Yep the theme of the day is forgetful. Fished a bit longer out of the wind and caught a dink perch. Saw several marks so stayed there. Didn’t catch anything for 30 minutes so went to my truck to see if there was a lighter in there. Didn’t find one but did find a few envelope on my windshield, forgot to hang my state pass. Luckily the officer was still in the lot, I hung my tag and went to talk with him. He was good about it and just asked which vehicle was mine. 

Some people were headed out as I was headed back to my tent. They drilled some holes between my tent and one just a bit further out. Guess they didn’t like what they saw and moved on. I went over to see if it was any better ( I knew the hole would be). The dog from the other group got a little anxious on my approach, and came over barking a bit. The owner came out and we chatted for a bit about Vexilar flashers. Then his dad came out and we talked even longer  Big Grin  

They offered their auger to me so I could fish two rods. I caught the bigger perch in the new spot along with a gorgeous cutthroat. 

Not a bad day of fishing but not hot. Grateful for the fishing community and friendly people. 

[Image: 3-B641956-988-D-43-C5-BC9-A-0-D1-CD3345893.jpg]

[Image: 796066-B0-C91-C-495-A-99-DE-D38756235-C3-A.jpg]
Looks like you got into a few.  Nice!
Thanks for the report, we’re you off of swim beach. Headed out this am again to see what we can get
Hey, J, you aren't the only one who ever forgot something. My second trip out this year I was all set to go. Unfortunately my coat and bait didn't make into the car. Furtunately I had a thick shirt and a jacket so I survived; a nice guy gave me some mealworms when he was getting ready to leave. Then we got into some perch and were set. Another day I zipped over to the docks to make a late afternoon session. Oops, forgot the auger. Luckily a lot of holes had been drilled and left so I fished in those.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(01-18-2022, 01:54 PM)2knots Wrote: Thanks for the report, we’re you off of swim beach. Headed out this am again to see what we can get

Sorry didn’t see this earlier. Yes I was off swim beach in 31’ of water. Pretty much 100 yards or around that from the cement ramp.

(01-19-2022, 12:37 AM)catchinon Wrote: Hey, J, you aren't the only one who ever forgot something. My second trip out this year I was all set to go. Unfortunately my coat and bait didn't make into the car. Furtunately I had a thick shirt and a jacket so I survived; a nice guy gave me some mealworms when he was getting ready to leave. Then we got into some perch and were set. Another day I zipped over to the docks to make a late afternoon session. Oops, forgot the auger. Luckily a lot of holes had been drilled and left so I fished in those.

Yeah, forgetting stuff is bothersome but luckily haven’t had to turn around and go home… yet.
(01-19-2022, 02:06 AM)JArner Wrote:
(01-18-2022, 01:54 PM)2knots Wrote: Thanks for the report, we’re you off of swim beach. Headed out this am again to see what we can get

Sorry didn’t see this earlier. Yes I was off swim beach in 31’ of water. Pretty much 100 yards or around that from the cement ramp.

No worries, went back to the spot of swim I’ve been fishing in 34’ of water and had a good day
Glad to hear you had success. My plan was to find 33-34’ but without an auger that doesn’t factor too well Smile