Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
reputable outboard mech.
Any suggestions for someone in Utah County?

We have a 2000-----150 hp Johnson and a 2000----- 9.9 hp Yamaha.

The place I was happy with gave up and went fishing so now we are looking. Seems easy to find a slipshod outfit.

I've read reports about shops people like up by Logan but that is a drive for me. I am willing to take it where I can get good work done on it though.
We live in Leamington so it's a bit of a drive anywhere.
I'm also looking for a shop and my research led me to Midnight Marine in Springville. They have nothing but 5s in their reviews. They are mobile but I kinda doubt they would go as far as you are, but you never know. Good luck and if you find someone good let me know.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Fred's Marine in Layton
(01-30-2022, 12:03 AM)PACMEN Wrote: Any suggestions for someone in Utah County?

The place I was happy with gave up and went fishing so now we are looking. Seems easy to find a slipshod outfit.

I've read reports about shops people like up by Logan but that is a drive for me. I am willing to take it where I can get good work done on it though.

I second Rocky’s reply.  Fred’s marine in Layton is great!
Thanks you guys.
I'll make a couple calls.

(01-30-2022, 01:19 AM)catchinon Wrote: I'm also looking for a shop and my research led me to Midnight Marine in Springville. They have nothing but 5s in their reviews. They are mobile but I kinda doubt they would go as far as you are, but you never know. Good luck and if you find someone good let me know.

Were the reviews you speak of online or were they by folks you know?
Online. You could ask for referals.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Aaron Davis owner of Premier Marine has done a great job on diagnosing and repairing my outboards. He's located in Lindon.  801-785-7878
Robertsons marine in salt lake. Did great work on both my engines.
(02-01-2022, 07:10 AM)klam Wrote:

Aaron Davis owner of Premier Marine has done a great job on diagnosing and repairing my outboards. He's located in Lindon.  801-785-7878
i'll give him a call.
thanks
I've called The Boat Shack and Premier Marine in Lindon. They don't work on 2-strokes. The guy Premier had that was so good on 2-strokes has moved away. Midnight Marine doesn't work on outboards at all. The only place I could find that would do a check-up on my 1999 Mercury was Utah Marine in Springville. Don't know their reputation but Mooseman75 had his fish finder installed there and had no complaints.

Just out of curiousity, what kind of work do you need to have done?
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.
(02-03-2022, 10:12 PM)N.E.T.O. Wrote: Just out of curiousity, what kind of work do you need to have done?

appears to have a bit of water in lower unit.
short in  wiring that goes to the instruments I can't find.
a battery draw that I haven't been able to locate.
starter makes an odd noise but has for the 12 yrs we've owned it. would like it checked.
no real motor work.
We have been able to use it but would like it gone over by someone that is more competent than myself.

Took it to Lees Marine in Hyrum yesterday.
Showed em stuff and it appears to be pretty straight forward.
By the discussion it sounds as though there is no water in oil but a blown exhaust seal between upper and lower.