Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Strawberry Winter Rendezvous Saturday 2/5
Who wants to get together next Saturday 2/5 at Strawberry? We can meet at the base of the ramp at 6:30am and head a mile or more east out into the lake and set up spread out camps and keep each other updated with what’s working and if any schools of Kokes come through. We can also catch up and show off any tech, toys and gear that others may want to check out if your interested respond to this string. Conditions for 4 wheelers, SxS and snowmobiles and walking is awesome this year, if your bringing a machine and have an extra seat for those without, we could pair people up on this string. Who’s up for it?
Count me in !! Doitall
I just had a thought, we could make a swap meet out of it too. We could post items on our wish list and items we are willing to trade, I have a number of packs of Maniac Cutter bugs and Gitzillas in various colors, I would let go. I could use a new to me 20v Dewalt Brushless Drill.
You know I'm in since we planned this together. I hope to bring my snowmobile, but I think EyLayo is planning to ride with me. Anyway we could shuttle people if we get some machines there, or at least pull sleds out. I think doitall may be using his 4-wheeler. Will you be bringing a machine, Obi?
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(01-31-2022, 01:45 AM)catchinon Wrote: You know I'm in since we planned this together. I hope to bring my snowmobile, but I think EyLayo is planning to ride with me. Anyway we could shuttle people if we get some machines there, or at least pull sleds out. I think doitall may be using his 4-wheeler. Will you be bringing a machine, Obi?

Craig thanks for the push to get something going, I'll be hitching a ride if someone volunteers or I'll be walking, we will see who's in and go from there, I put the word out to a couple guys I know with machines they may come. I say the more the merrier, we can radiate out from a point in the middle of the Lake: those that set up shelters and camps can do so and those of us that like to move can work our way around the groups.
Some people may not be able to walk very far so may have to fish closer in unless someone can shuttle them. That was me for the last several years but my legs and knees have improved since I saw a new doctor. I guess you have to get farther out to have a chance of getting into the kokes but trout can be caught about anywhere. We have had good groups in years past and I hope we can get a good group again this year. If you don't mind paying $40 and being stuck in one spot you can catch a shuttle from the people who run the marina.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

One thing I noticed last Friday was everyone being shuttled out on snowmobile were going straight to one spot. At least 1 mile out. Headed kind of east south east. There is a reason for that I'm sure.

(01-30-2022, 10:51 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote: Who wants to get together next Saturday 2/5 at Strawberry? We can meet at the base of the ramp at 6:30am and head a mile or more east out into the lake and set up spread out camps and keep each other updated with what’s working and if any schools of Kokes come through. We can also catch up and show off any tech, toys and gear that others may want to check out if your interested respond to this string. Conditions for 4 wheelers, SxS and snowmobiles and walking is awesome this year, if your bringing a machine and have an extra seat for those without, we could pair people up on this string. Who’s up for it?

6:30 might be early. It's not sunup till 7:30.
(01-31-2022, 03:24 AM)doitall5000 Wrote: One thing I noticed last Friday was  everyone being shuttled out on snowmobile were going straight to one spot. At least 1 mile out. Headed kind of east south east. There is a reason for that I'm sure.

(01-30-2022, 10:51 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote: Who wants to get together next Saturday 2/5 at Strawberry? We can meet at the base of the ramp at 6:30am and head a mile or more east out into the lake and set up spread out camps and keep each other updated with what’s working and if any schools of Kokes come through. We can also catch up and show off any tech, toys and gear that others may want to check out if your interested respond to this string. Conditions for 4 wheelers, SxS and snowmobiles and walking is awesome this year, if your bringing a machine and have an extra seat for those without, we could pair people up on this string. Who’s up for it?

My thought is arrive around 6:30 unload meet up in the parking lot and head out from the ramp around 7 in the twilight then fishing around 7:30 after setting up.
(01-31-2022, 04:29 AM)obifishkenobi Wrote:
(01-31-2022, 03:24 AM)doitall5000 Wrote: One thing I noticed last Friday was  everyone being shuttled out on snowmobile were going straight to one spot. At least 1 mile out. Headed kind of east south east. There is a reason for that I'm sure.

My thought is arrive around 6:30 unload meet up in the parking lot and head out from the ramp around 7 in the twilight then fishing around 7:30 after setting up.

Good plan, meet and get organized
It may be a zoo even if we get there that early. Parking will be at a premium. Come early and bring 5 gallons of hot chocolate. ;-]

this looks better to me If I can get on

[Image: Screenshot-2022-01-31-072417.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-2022-01-31-073114.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-2022-01-31-073252.jpg]
(01-31-2022, 02:39 PM)liketrolling Wrote: this looks better to me If I can get on

[Image: Screenshot-2022-01-31-072417.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-2022-01-31-073114.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-2022-01-31-073252.jpg]

I fished the rc arm on the ice today. I drove by today at 1 pm. Stopped at the overlook for a peek - that is fairly thick skim ice out about half way and more against the dam. Going to need some wind soon before it gets too thick
Sounds tempting. I'll have to see what the honey-do list looks like that day, and see if I can afford to register my snowmobiles. I have 4 snowmobiles, got them all running this week, just need to open the wallet for all the registration fees. 4 machines + trailer = $$$$$$$

I think me and a buddy are in. I have a snowdog and can tow 4 to 5 sleds.
(02-01-2022, 09:43 PM)JBSPARKIE Wrote:

That's good to hear. We met up at Trial Lake earlier this year. Could you pm me about those batteries you were telling my brother and me about?

(02-01-2022, 08:40 PM)addicted2fishin Wrote: Sounds tempting. I'll have to see what the honey-do list looks like that day, and see if I can afford to register my snowmobiles. I have 4 snowmobiles, got them all running this week, just need to open the wallet for all the registration fees. 4 machines + trailer = $$$$$$$

No better time than the present, registration isn't getting any cheaper and winter doesn't last forever.

(02-01-2022, 09:43 PM)JBSPARKIE Wrote:

Sounds great.
Okay, here's a tentative list of who is going and machines they will bring.

Obifishkenobi
catchinon 2-up snowmobile?
EyLayo ride with catchinon?
JBSPARKIE and friend? snowdog

Doitall5000 can't make it.

If anyone knows of someone we should add or delete please post here or pm.

(02-02-2022, 02:26 PM)catchinon Wrote: Okay, here's a tentative list of who is going and machines they will bring.

Obifishkenobi
catchinon  2-up snowmobile?
EyLayo  ride with catchinon?
JBSPARKIE and friend? snowdog

Doitall5000 can't make it.

If anyone knows of someone we should add or delete please post here or pm.

PM sent
I'd like to join you guys, but this weekend may be a one in five year opportunity on big blue so I guess I'll miss out. Hope you have a great get together and post some pictures... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
I’ll be up there at that time Saturday morning with my son-in-law and a friend. If I wasn’t entertaining I would join you guys. I bought a sled last year based on advice from folks on BFT. Hope we all get into them! I’d say hi up there but I don’t know any of you guys. I’ll be in a 2017 white F150 and a black skidoo. If I see a snow-dog I’ll speak up. Good luck!