Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon
I was thinking of giving the berry a break and trying our luck at East Canyon. I remember as a kid that the road from Parley's Canyon was closed and we used a dirt road somewhere through Jeremy Ranch to get there in the winter.  Is it still the same?  I don't really want to travel up through Ogden if I can help it.  
Can anyone help me with info?
I made the mistake of taking that road through Jeremy Ranch in the winter. It was solid ice. There is several slopes that had cars stacked up at the bottom. I had to several times hit a snowbank under throttle to miss the pile up, after an uncontrolled slide down the slope. Longest 8 mile drive of my life. I’m not sure if it’s like that often, but I will never chance it again. It is one of my favorite drives in the summer. I would recommend going in through Henefer. It’s 50 minutes from my house in East Salt Lake. I go Parleys to Echo and down 84 to Henefer.
I would suggest NOT traveling on the dirt road, went that way about 10 days ago in F 150 it was not good!! We Drove home back to Sandy on I80 past Echo not through ogden it was 15 minutes quicker and way less stressful! I’m sure it’s even worse now with recent snows!
DO not go that way!
Way easier and faster through Henefer and I 80.
It was only a bit over 1 hour on I 80 !
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life
I hunt that area frequently and can confirm - BAD IDEA.

I was up on that road several times last week and had all 4 tires chained and in 4-low, and I still spun out at one point. It is solid ice ruts, and in most spots, is not wide enough to pass if you run into a car going the other way. We talked to a guy at the golf course that had his truck and trailer full of 4-wheelers headed to EC and he asked if he should turn around. That was an emphatic "yes".
DON'T DO IT