Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Utah Lake ice fishing?
I have not fished UL in winter this year yet.
My little four year old grandson may be at my house this afternoon and I thought it would be fun to take him for a quick hour or two somewhere close.
Anyone care to share a recent report on UL please?
I am more than willing to go to either side of the lake.
Thanks!
Catchinon and I regularly fish Provo Harbor. We were there yesterday afternoon and each caught 8 fish. It has really slowed down.

We fished from the privacy docks (behind locked gates), but walked on the ice occasionally to get on the docks from the walkway, etc. Craig can weigh in on what he was using. I used a small white tungsten jig, tipped with wax worm and a Lindy perch talker tipped with wax worm to get things started. Used a white bass eye for a while and a perch eye as well as some perch belly meat. White bass bites were aggressive and noticeable. Perch were light biters. Suspended crappie and bluegill (we suspected) were lookers or very light tappers - no hookups.

We talked to a guy who caught quite a few (his words) on a small white spoon tipped with wax worm.

Good luck getting your grandson some reel time!

jack of all tackle, master of none
I've heard that the Saratoga Springs boat harbor is lit up with small perch and WB. People catching off the docks and by the inlet, but you'll have to sift thru alot of fish for anything with size. But then again, if you're taking a 4-yr old, any fish will do!!