Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bear Lake condition & access info 2-9-2022
Star 
[font="Segoe UI Historic", "Segoe UI", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]There have been anglers off Cisco Beach since Monday.  Ice is about 4-5" out far and 8" or more closer to shore, just watch for methane vents/springs.  There is fishable ice on the entire lake. I did not say “safe” since ice is never “safe” no matter how thick it is. I saw several 4 wheelers and snowmobiles out on both the west side of the lake as well as the east side.  The "rockpile" has about 4-7” depending on location.  Garden City has plowed out parking areas off 150 South Street in Garden city and just north of the rockpile on 250 East Loop down on the beach. (There are no road signs for this street, so you’ll have to look for the cars and figure it out yourself).  If you look up the UDWR "where to fish" webpage for Bear Lake it lists all the main access points and how to find them.  Fish Utah -- Division of Wildlife Resources[/font]
Good info Scott.

Might I also add that I tested the ice in front of the marina this morning and it is NOT safe. It varies from 1" to about 4", but very unpredictable. There is a current that is making it shift and split and staying thin in a lot of spots.

Mike
Thanks you two, great update on the conditions.. Thanks J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Thanks Scott. I would sure like to know where folks are accessing Bear Lake near Gus Rich Point.
(02-10-2022, 06:42 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: Thanks Scott.  I would sure like to know where folks are accessing Bear Lake near Gus Rich Point.

Ideal beach resort used to let you park by the beach area at the end of they're road behind the buildings for a fee of course but that was years ago last time I parked in there
Access to the rockpile is from the public access site on 250 East Loop in Garden City. The town of Garden City has plowed out a nice parking lot right on the beach for the anglers. It is about a 1/4 mile north of Ideal Beach resort. I spoke with Ideal Beach and they will not let people through to park there since they have not plowed their beach area out. Please don't bother the people at the resort. There were snowmobiles and 4 wheels just about everywhere on the lake today (Thrusday 2/10/22). The only spot not really thick enough is off the state park marina. The deciers in the marina have created a current on the outside of the marina and large boulders absorb the sun's heat, so this area is still really sketchy unless you walk onto the ice north of the marina.