Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berry 1/29
Fished Chicken Creek with my boy.  We were in 24 FOW.  Started about 7:45am and had our first rainbow before we could get things set up.  Jigs we used were orange, white, and chartruse.  Fish were tempermental.  All colors worked early, but as the day went on, they preferred white.  Bait varied in success throughout the trip.  Most consistant were waxies and crawlers.  The bite slowed around 9 but rarely had more than a few minutes without fish on the screen.  Our plan was to fish until 11, but at 10:50, the bite turned back on and we stayed until 12:15.  Ended with 5 rainbows and 15 or so cutts.  Kept a few bows for the smoker.  Nothing huge.  Largest fish we caught was 20ish".  We didn't really put the tape to many since they weren't near the top end of the slot.
Had a great time with my kid.
Getting out with the kids is the more important part of any outing and it sounds like you both had fun. I know this was over a week ago now and things have likely changed there but how was the access from Chichen creek at the time, lots of snow?