Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyrum
Ran over this am to see the spot I was fishing for perch was still producing from over 2 weeks ago. Traffic on the lake has been lite sense retuning from the steelhead trip that I’ve seen on the cameras and driving by, today there were 3 groups on the ice when I left. Got to the spot and drilled 1 hole, started on the 2nd and the drill broke ( appears to be gears locked up) so fished 1 rod and picked up my 1st perch in short order that was about 7”s, then it went quite, although fish were coming by and “looking” they wouldn’t commit, switched over to spikes from the perch meat and started getting very light bites and finally pulled a couple up but they were very small 4-5”s. Finally called it and headed in sense I didn’t have anyway to drill more holes and do any searching. Lake has come up 2’ sense I was on it last so edges are soft in spots, I drove the atv on at the launch and broke some ice, when I came off I got off up the beach from the launch and didn’t break through, ice is 14-16”s with about 2.5 inches of snow on it. Only the past 2 days has it been above freezing here.
Sorry to hear about the broken drill, I was hoping for targeting perch tomorrow at Hyrum. Sounds like it cooled off on the bite. Did you see any of the other groups catching?
(02-10-2022, 09:55 PM)JArner Wrote: Sorry to hear about the broken drill, I was hoping for targeting perch tomorrow at Hyrum. Sounds like it cooled off on the bite. Did you see any of the other groups catching?

No I didn’t, 2 of the groups were over on the south side and 1 was off swim beach pretty close to shore
(02-10-2022, 10:42 PM)2knots Wrote:
(02-10-2022, 09:55 PM)JArner Wrote: Sorry to hear about the broken drill, I was hoping for targeting perch tomorrow at Hyrum. Sounds like it cooled off on the bite. Did you see any of the other groups catching?

No I didn’t, 2 of the groups were over on the south side and 1 was off swim beach pretty close to shore

Thanks
Thanks for the report Alan, not that we did that much better but it sounds like we made the right choice going to LC.  Exactly where did your drill break? Can it be welded or will you have to replace it?
(02-11-2022, 09:15 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Thanks for the report Alan, not that we did that much better but it sounds like we made the right choice going to LC.  Exactly where did your drill break? Can it be welded or will you have to replace it?

I think you did make the right choice based on my 1 hole sample lol. The gear box is locked up, can’t turn the chuck, picked up a new one this am
(02-11-2022, 09:40 PM)2knots Wrote:
(02-11-2022, 09:15 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Thanks for the report Alan, not that we did that much better but it sounds like we made the right choice going to LC.  Exactly where did your drill break? Can it be welded or will you have to replace it?

I think you did make the right choice based on my 1 hole sample lol. The gear box is locked up, can’t turn the chuck, picked up a new one this am

I had problems with my 2018 Milwaukee Fuel. Emailed them with serial number. They said that it has a 5 year warranty and mine was still covered. they replaced the stator, rotor, and gear train. $0 and they paid for shipping.
Good fishing to all.   Hue
Thanks Burley I’ll send them a note, oh and your planks are still at swim beach Smile
(02-11-2022, 11:31 PM)2knots Wrote: Thanks Burley I’ll send them a note, oh and your planks are still at swim beach Smile

Glad to help. I am pleasantly surprised about the planks. Let us know how the request for drill repair goes.
Good fishing to all.   Hue