Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview Frustration and Discovery
Hello everyone. My son and I went to the Narrows at Pineview last night (2/12/22). Got there and set up around 6 pm. Watched tons of wipe outs on the steep ice hill getting to the hard deck! Hopefully no one was seriously injured. Marked tons of fish. Watched them on the camera. Most not interested in whatever we tried. Frustrating! Caught some. As generally reported, extremely light bite! Our camera was worth its weight in gold. We would’ve not seen or felt the takes otherwise. 
On the way out in the dark, going up the steep off-the-beaten-path-side hill, I found someone’s lost valuable piece of equipment (probably from an overturned sled on the nasty hill). I’d really like to get it back to the owner. If you can tell me what it was you lost and describe it and give me details, I will gladly return it.
You need spikes or Yak-Traks to get down that hill, for sure.
What depth where you fishing at? Also what brand of camera do you run? I'm looking to get one in the near future
(02-14-2022, 04:20 AM)fishdoc35 Wrote: Hello everyone. My son and I went to the Narrows at Pineview last night (2/12/22). Got there and set up around 6 pm. Watched tons of wipe outs on the steep ice hill getting to the hard deck! Hopefully no one was seriously injured. Marked tons of fish. Watched them on the camera. Most not interested in whatever we tried. Frustrating! Caught some. As generally reported, extremely light bite! Our camera was worth its weight in gold. We would’ve not seen or felt the takes otherwise. 
On the way out in the dark, going up the steep off-the-beaten-path-side hill, I found someone’s lost valuable piece of equipment (probably from an overturned sled on the nasty hill). I’d really like to get it back to the owner. If you can tell me what it was you lost and describe it and give me details, I will gladly return it.
I am the one that lost a valuable item please call me or text my # 435-730-5534
(02-14-2022, 03:39 PM)Springbuck1 Wrote: You need spikes or Yak-Traks to get down that hill, for sure.

I had them and I agree, totally a game changer!

(02-14-2022, 07:48 PM)WingNutt Wrote: What depth where you fishing at? Also what brand of camera do you run? I'm looking to get one in the near future
We were in 33 fow. I have an Eyoyo. Fairly inexpensive camera from China. Have had it for 5+ years. Still works amazingly well.
PM sent.
Just a quick update. I was able to get the lost item (a fish finder) back to the owner! Thanks to those who helped me make this happen. Glad we have a forum for this kind of stuff!
Thumbs Up 
(02-20-2022, 05:13 AM)fishdoc35 Wrote: Just a quick update. I was able to get the lost item (a fish finder) back to the owner! Thanks to those who helped me make this happen. Glad we have a forum for this kind of stuff!

Kudos fishdoc, nice knowing there are still some folks willing to give back something of value. I found a flyrod laying in the road above EC launch ramp. I had a conversation with the guys as they were load their float tubes to go home. A flyrod was sitting on top their shell out of the way which put it out of sight. I advertised it here on BFT and it was back in the owners hands the next day. 
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF