Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willow pond
Were is willow pond and can it be fished this time of year? I am going to be in magna this saturday and i will have several kids with me that love fishing!
[signature]
Willow pond is off I-215 on the north side off of 1200 west. It is very good fishing right now. I caught a number of planted brook trout over 3 pounds and they will be planting around 2000 rainbows on monday march 8th. Great place to take kids.
[signature]
Brookies in willow? All ive ever got was those cruddy koi and a few bows, maybe I'll have to check it out. What are ya catching em' on?

Anthony
[signature]
yep they even put some "big" lake trout in there... i dont know why but they are in there.. a kid caught a 15lber in the fall, i caught a 6lber on carp meat fishing for cats... why would they put lakers in willow pond??
[signature]
Those are just left over brood fish from the hatcheries that are likely not producing as good as others. You can easily tell by looking at the condition of their fins. Most of them should be either non-[size 1]existent[/size] or heavily worn down.
Yes they are brood stock brookies but brookies non the less and the fought good and tasted even better. I was just using kastmasters and spinners.
[signature]
I went down today to check it out and the hatchery truck showed up and dumped a bunch of brookies in there today . All the fins are wore off on most and some looked like some nice size fish . I didn't get any bites today , but got a little upset with a few down there about there snagging fish . I tried to scare the fish off the shore line before everyone snagged them . Need less to say I didn't make to many friends today , but I think I made them nervous after I pulled out my camera and took pictures of them .
[signature]
Good job hells, snag fishing is horriabe and illegal
[signature]
I would also like to give Hellsangler a shout out, nice job, I hate to see people snagging fish as well. Looks like I'm gonna have to head down there and throw some buggers with my 6 weight, went fishing a week ago but I'm starting to get the itch again, and Its pretty sunny outside, so I'll have to make the most of my time while its still nice. If the trout don't cooperate, maybe I'll have to throw nymphs for those koi, don't like em' in there, but gotta catch something, their suckers for princes, or a glo bug.
If I go I'll let ya know how I do. Kidney is fishing pretty well right now as well for trout and a couple of cats. Fluorescent tube jig did the job for the trout, or you can rest a worm on the bottom, its all good.
Anthony
[signature]
Hey from magns what would be the best way to get there?
[signature]
Nope I would NOT head to Willow Pond - this is a bad place with no chance of catching anything but a cold. The wind always blows and there is easily a foot of mud around the whole shoreline....

In fact sometimes lightening seems to be attracted to anyone with a fishing pole in there hand.

I have personally witnessed several guy be overcome by some mysterious fog that comes off the water and makes them to into a MODERATOR......

BAD MOJO AT THIS PLACE - except for Murray residence of course...
[signature]