Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake?
Does anyone know if Bear Lake is still iced over?
(02-23-2022, 09:17 PM)killerhook Wrote: Does anyone know if Bear Lake is still iced over?
If you’re looking for fishing information call the Bear Lake parks office answering machine at 435-946-8501 but don't call until 5pm or later. They updated weather and fishing condition information as conditions change.
(02-23-2022, 09:17 PM)killerhook Wrote: Does anyone know if Bear Lake is still iced over?

I was there Saturday and there was plenty of ice with people on ATV's and snow mobiles with the cold temps the last few days I'm sure it is building. There are pressure ridges that you should be cautious around, but there was places to cross them on foot and machines.
Temp sensors around the lake are reading -6 to -8 this morning so that ice should be growing, I'll be up there tomorrow morning and will get a report up when we get back.

It was frozen over yesterday, with ~12 inches of ice, at the Rockpile.  The temperature was 2 degrees, when we arrived, and 8 degrees when we left, so more ice was forming all day.  So the answer is yes it is still iced over.