Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview Crappie Tips/Locations?
As usual, when im struggling with a certain species, I come to you guys for help LOL. Im not sure if its because of the drought but my usual crappie spots just arent producing like they have in the past. Where have you guys been doing well? Ive got some friends that want to get on a hot ice fishing bite and pineview is usualy the place to do it. But I just cant crack the code this year. Any help is deeply apprecieated! I was thinking about trying the narrows next weekend but I wanted to make sure thats the right move.
Why do I like fishing so much? The same reason why you like breathing so much, It keeps me alive.
(02-25-2022, 05:17 PM)Backyard Boy T.V. Wrote: As usual, when im struggling with a certain species, I come to you guys for help LOL. Im not sure if its because of the drought but my usual crappie spots just arent producing like they have in the past. Where have you guys been doing well? Ive got some friends that want to get on a hot ice fishing bite and pineview is usualy the place to do it. But I just cant crack the code this year. Any help is deeply apprecieated! I was thinking about trying the narrows next weekend but I wanted to make sure thats the right move.

I suggest you read the many threads that have been posted in the last few week about folks fishing the narrows and ask questions them, most members are glad to help and you might get more info by sending them a PM, good luck.
What Curt said, but I can speed up your reading by telling you the bite is so light lately that often negative line bounce is the only indication. A camera helps or not as my wife will tell you it can be really frustrating to "watch," them stick thier Tongue out at ya as they stroll by.

I would not go to PV with hopes of a hot bite - only if you have a crew who can detect a water flea scratching her back on your leader.

Oh and the narrows has been hammered. I have went twice for a mid week night run and ended up at McDonald's instead. Less people to dodge.

If you want a possible hot bite for a large crew - try the berry - it is still fishing well.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
BYBoy-
I was out at PV Narrows last Monday. The bite that night was not what it has been the past month. Definitely not "hot". Cowboy Pirate is correct that the bite is extremely light now. If your crew is not experienced with a crappie bite, it might be really frustrating for them. In our group of 4 that night, catch rates were 19, 11, 6, and 4. While 4 had an off night and didn't get as many bites, 6 missed ALOT! He easily could have had close to 20. All of us are "experienced" fishermen.

If your crew doesn't have light or UL equipment to detect the bite, I'd go elsewhere. With the right equipment and skill though, there are still fish to be had.