Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek Chubs
Anybody trying for chubs through the ice, if so any tips?

My Grandson got kind of excited when I mentioned about catching the chubs now to use for cat bait later.

Thanks
Bryce Lowder
I do what the voices in my wife's head tell me to.
We've caught them at Scofield with earthworms right on the bottom. And that's all I know.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I can't remember ever catching chubs while ice fishing at Lost creek, I think that's mainly due to not being able to move around much, like you can with a boat during open water season. That's not to say it can't be done but IMO your best chance of catching them there would be to downsize you bait and lure, then get lucky and drill your hole right on top of a school. Where we have done the best for them, as far a seeing big schools is just to the right of the ramp in 20 to 30 fow. Good luck, if you give it a try.
I'm not aware of anyone catching them through the ice.  I fish it a couple of times a year through the ice going back 25 years and have never caught one through the ice.  Summer and fall can catch as many as I want.