Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cat Contest Interest Check
Well it’s almost time for the Catfish Contest to kick off, anyone interested in doing that again?  If so we will follow the same rules as usual and will start March 15th. Could I get a volunteer to help update the yearly label for the photos?  I’ll get the rules updated and create a reference library post for the contest info. Seems early this year but open water is on the way. Good luck everyone. Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
I'm definitely interested!
Bryton, will be great to have the returning champion here to defend your title... I still need to get you the trophy from Lynn so you can enjoy it during this season... Hope we get another good year where the water will last so we can have a good contest.. Thanks for your interest... J
I am very interested.
Been waiting for this post all winter.
Let the fun begin!
Meow.  Here's a label.  EDIT:  Changed the format to put the year date under the name.

[Image: 2022-CATS.jpg]
I'm in! No foolin" around this year I'm going all out. That 36 incher is all staked out and ready to do battle. This is the year. Cool

Jeff, no sense sending that trophy up to Bryton only to have him return it to me later this year. But, whatever. Wish I could help with the contest but computers and I don't really have a good working relationship. 

Thanks, Pat for the logo, got my copies all printed out and ready for lamination.

Good times comin".
BLK
Count me in. This year I should be able to fish for the whole season.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Fingers crossed I'm in for a long haul actually. Ive been searching for anything to do with the contest and this just made my day. I would like to say I could Jeff but I've got 2 kids in baseball and a summer vacation, a house remodel on the outside, and who knows how long I'll have my dad. I just don't think I could keep up and keep my sanity. I'm just hoping fishing time is at a maximum.
I’ll jump on in this year. Haven’t previously but I’m feeling luckySmile
I'm in Team North
There's Always Time For One More Cast
Wow thanks everyone, where I hadn't heard the usual rumblings to start early I wasn't sure if the interest level was still there... I'm glad to see it is.. Thanks Pat for getting the label ready for us. Our opening day will be Tuesday March 15th, but it will be fun to see how your pre-season practice goes... I did catch a carp through the ice yesterday, so I'll have some semi-fresh bait to try, but there's still 8-9" of ice on the pond up here, so I doubt I'll be catfishing anytime soon...

Stocktondunkley which team do you want to sign up for, north (Bear River/Willard) or south (Utah Lake)? Great to have you join us this year, it's a lot of fun to fight the big cats and we'll see some really nice fish caught by this crew this year... Best of luck...

So help remind me, Bryton won the overall contest, but the south still won the team score. Is that correct? If so I think that might be the only time we have had a split between overall and team winner... We'll have to research that info... If so looks like team north needs to pick up our game... Good luck everyone... Later Jeff
Not sure I’ll spend the time chasing cats with all the other species available at the lakes to really help the north but had a great time with Jeff when we went after them so I’ll be in
Hey Alan, you just never know if your one trip will be the one that the 30"er bites or not... I know a lot of us go a little cat crazy, but you're completely right, there are a lot of other great fishing opportunities around us and we need to not forget to enjoy them too... I think that's kind of why I like the winter contest so much, it keeps me from getting stuck doing the same thing every trip... I need to remember that this summer and try some kokes and mac and maybe a little fly fishing... Nice to be well rounded, but it's also a lot of fun to tie into the torque of a monster cat too... later J
(03-01-2022, 10:15 PM)Boatloadakids Wrote: I'm in! No foolin" around this year I'm going all out. That 36 incher is all staked out and ready to do battle. This is the year. Cool

Jeff, no sense sending that trophy up to Bryton only to have him return it to me later this year. But, whatever. Wish I could help with the contest but computers and I don't really have a good working relationship. 

Thanks, Pat for the logo, got my copies all printed out and ready for lamination.

Good times comin".
BLK
Not if I can tempt that 36er first! If you do end up getting some monsters, I'll humbly deliver that trophy myself... but for now... game on!
I'm chomping at the bit, but waiting for softer warmer water. Definately interested!
Interested for sure! Going to join team south this year.
Thanks guys sounds fun. Hey I got half a cat today. Was pulling it out of my ice hole when it broke my line and slipped back into the hole before I could get ahold of it. Looked like a 22-23”er. Ice won’t last much longer top 3” are mush only about 4-5” of solid ice left underneath. Getting ready to hit the soft water. Later J
YUP, count me in.

ICEBEGONE!!!!
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
I'm in for Team South. Hopefully I get some more time on the water this year, either with catchinon or in my canoe. I'm probably going to break down and register the canoe so I can use my trolling motor and get around a little easier. Also going to upgrade my pontoon system.

jack of all tackle, master of none
Hey Mike and Bret, will be great to have both of you in the contest, even if you are on the wrong side.. I didn't get a chance to check the pond yesterday, had car issues, but I'm afraid the ice may be done, it was way too nice and the ice isn't fairing well on my irrigation pond, so I expect Cutler may be getting close to open water... Have to run down tonight and take a look.. I'd love to go check my boat out, but I still kind of hate to hang up the ice gear... Anyway 11 days and counting to the catfest... Later J