Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle today
Got up to The Nelle this morning with Wiperslayer, 2knots and Superdave. Went out from the Ross creek area. Catching started off pretty slow, with only a brown and a bow being caught. We decided to move to another location and that turned out to be a good move. Once we moved on the other side of a pressure ridge, it was like a switch turned on and the bows came in one after another, with the largest being around 19" and the some great fighters. We were hoping the kokes would come out to play but we never got any on the top side of the ice to confirm they were kokes. We did catch several browns and a splake. The sun was out in full force and by the time we got off the ice, the shore was a muddy mess and from what the shore line looked like they must be letting water out of the lake. Ice was at least 15" thick where we were fishing and we had no issues getting on the ice the first thing in the morning when it was still frozen. We fished in water as shallow as 20 ft and as deep as 70 ft. After the last two weeks of poor success it was nice to get info some fish on this trip and meet Superdave. As always it was great to fish with 2knots and wiperslayer. I guess I should have taken some pics of the fish but never got around to it.
Sounds like a great day to be out there. Unfortunate about the water level and shoreline, I know the season is wrapping up. Just would be good to get out one or two more trips.
Very nice day (fishing and weather) on the hard deck with you guys, should of taken shorts the way it warmed up. Dave got a good sunburn that we noticed when we got back to his place. The temp pic was after we had pulled out and we’re heading back up to the freeway

[Image: 3-E3-B3559-5-FF1-4-B3-B-A83-F-99-D48-FCF76-F0.jpg]

[Image: 440-C05-D2-2-FEE-40-E5-99-FE-DF906-E341-FE6.jpg]

[Image: 472-BA6-DD-189-E-43-F3-AF2-D-656894-F3-FB32.jpg]

[Image: 71-B5-DBFB-DDA4-4316-9-D1-B-DDAEB8-A41359.jpg]

[Image: BF53872-F-2-A2-C-486-A-BC05-BBC9-FDE03-AA3.jpg]
Glad you got some pics. It was one of those great days that makes us all realise why we love fishing. After fishing in minus degree temps last week to sunburn weather this week, that was quite a difference. Pretty brown, the one I got was around 18" but on the skinny side but it seemed all the bows were very healthy. Toward the end yesterday, after taking off three coats, I was just about ready to take off my shirt, it got so warm.
(03-02-2022, 06:42 AM)JArner Wrote: Sounds like a great day to be out there. Unfortunate about the water level and shoreline, I know the season is wrapping up. Just would be good to get out one or two more trips.

It was indeed. The way the ice was buckled on the shore, it was easy to see they had dropped the water level but I doubt it was over a few feet, at least from the looks of it. We were thinking the same thing about hoping we can get out at least one more time but at the same time I'm seeing open water at Willard, so a trip there isn't far off.
Thanks for your post. I wish I had been with you guys. It is nice to fish when it's warm for a change.
(03-03-2022, 03:43 AM)fast_randy Wrote: Thanks for your post. I wish I had been with you guys. It is nice to fish when it's warm for a change.

Thanks Randy, it was nice indeed, especially after a long cold Winter.