Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek report
I was going to go over to Starvation today, but last weekend's cold snap locked it up again.

I launched at the main boat ramp at DC about 8:30 and fished until 2:00 using my customary fly tackle.  I started with a #3 sink line and a pink crystal bugger on a size 6 hook.  I picked up two 16" rainbows with that rig.  I changed to my #8 sink line a size 6 bead head white crystal bugger and picked up another 16" rainbow.  I had a total of four other hits in the 5 1/2 hours of kicking around and that was it.  It was way slow for me.

There were five boats out on the lake, most of them trolling.  It looked like the ones pulling pop gear were doing pretty well.  The State Parks guys have put the wedge dock back in so they must think the ice season is about over.  There is a lot of open water near the middle of the reservoir but both ends are still locked up. 

There were a bunch of shore anglers with the nice weather, but they didn't seem to be having much luck. 

[Image: gofish1.jpg]

[Image: gofish2.jpg]

[Image: gofish3.jpg]

[Image: gofish4.jpg]

[Image: gofish5.jpg]

[Image: gofish6.jpg]

(03-03-2022, 02:28 AM)gofish435 Wrote: I was going to go over to Starvation today, but last weekend's cold snap locked it up again.

I launched at the main boat ramp at DC about 8:30 and fished until 2:00 using my customary fly tackle.  I started with a #3 sink line and a pink crystal bugger on a size 6 hook.  I picked up two 16" rainbows with that rig.  I changed to my #8 sink line a size 6 bead head white crystal bugger and picked up another 16" rainbow.  I had a total of four other hits in the 5 1/2 hours of kicking around and that was it.  It was way slow for me.

There were five boats out on the lake, most of them trolling.  It looked like the ones pulling pop gear were doing pretty well.  The State Parks guys have put the wedge dock back in so they must think the ice season is about over.  There is a lot of open water near the middle of the reservoir but both ends are still locked up. 

There were a bunch of shore anglers with the nice weather, but they didn't seem to be having much luck. 

Im itching to get my float tube out, but that water is really cold. Thanks for the report
Gabe
I forgot to mention the water temp was 39 degrees and the visibility in the water of about 10'.

The reservoir is 80% full and rising.