Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cat Chat 2022
Hey Gang , its almost time . Want to wish every one lots of luck . I've been scouting a little this week. Not much happening yet. I did manage to find one baby cat on Thursday when we had that beautiful pre-spring weather 60+ degs. . Water is still cold and low not much run off yet.  
[Image: Snapshot-1-3-5-2022-6-35-AM.png]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
Nice job John, I was checking to see if I could launch a boat and no chance of it yet at Benson marina, but the ice is getting really bad. There was 5” of really ugly weak stuff on top of about 2.5” of good clear ice. Not sure how much longer this will hold but I doubt it will last very much longer. So maybe by opening day we might be able to launch. I did have the cat bite on the ice like Wednesday so I’m hoping they will bite if I can find them. And I think it will be easier to find them in a boat versus in one fixed ice hole. So I’m starting to make plans for the weekend after the 15th. Good luck and good weather to you. Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
If there wasn't bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all. I went into Spanish Fork Saturday and heard a clicking that I thought sounded like U-joint gone out finished my errands and went to get back on freeway and there was a whole lot of noise in front end and lots of constant black smoke. It's a diesel. So in case it's something bad I called roadside on my insurance. Figured a tow is cheaper than an engine. But my insurance covered tow 100%. Anyhow my automotive shop had most his people call off today so no word what's wrong. So I don't have a truck currently to take boat to get bearings done and tires checked. I also need 2x6 so I can put the carpet on for bunk boards. Is it best to get treated or untreated lumber? I've got adhesive and staples for underside to put on the carpet if that matters for lumber.
I borrowed my dad's truck and got the bearings done and new tires on the boat trailer. The ones on it were 8 years old. I have a single axle trailer so I didn't think it smart to run around with tires that old.
I’ve got to get new tires for my trailer as well. Waiting for the mud to set up so the jack won’t sink, plus I don’t like rolling in the mud very much either. Sometimes I wish I would have built the garage when I built my house. I just didn’t want to pay 30 years of interest on it. Probably time to get it done so I have it for my older years. I think it will be a totally different design now.
So I got partial word back on truck. It's lost compression and has a rod knocking noise. It may just need an injector at $2600-2800 or may need a brand new engine at $13500 with head studs. Never did I think I would wish for a $2700 repair. I won't get it back for maybe 1 1/2 months
Heading out tomorrow for whitebass/catfish first trip of the year and suppose to be crappie weather so hopefully I at least get a nibble!
Tomorrow is the big day to start off the season. Best of luck to both teams with a decisive better luck to the south!!!!
Thanks, Justin. Jim and I aren't letting any moss grow under our feet--we'll be going out this afternoon.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Let the Games begin. All set up and waiting for the sun to come over the mountain. Good luck everyone
Yes it is official the contest is now underway... Have fun everyone and stay safe.... Still ice on most of Cutler so we'll be a while before we get started.... I did notice its getting really rotten though, so maybe it will clear out before too much longer... Good luck to everyone and stay safe, don't let a cat pull you out of the boat into this cold water... Later J
So I still haven't been out to fish, but I think it's time to try (soon, always something, now taxes need to be filed).. But Saturday I hope to try some fishing, still haven't decided on Cats or Macs.... But hope to get on the water one way or the other... Looking forward to giving the south something to chase or laugh at... Later J
I see it's been a smack month since anyone has posted here, I guess because so little was happening. Wow, did Richard ever bust it wide open with two 29.5s and a 28. That's better than many people do fishing hard the whole season long. I hope to get out tomorrow and get after them too. Oh, and Vi posted three fish too, to take Team South into the lead. Thanks for the inspiration you two.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Hey all it’s been pointed out that the rules don’t have the rule about not having to post the lake name if it is a sensitive location. I think we need this protection in case you pull a 36”er out of the community pond we don’t want to send 200 anglers to the half acre pond and it can happen because we have a lot more eyes on our posts than just forum members. Let me know if you’re okay with the rule? They need to let one of the mods know where the lake is to verify it’s in contest area. No Kentucky blues allowed. But we won’t fish it or tell others. Anyway if you’re okay we will add the rule. Later Jeff
I'm good with it.

(04-30-2022, 03:12 AM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Hey all it’s been pointed out that the rules don’t have the rule about not having to post the lake name if it is a sensitive location. I think we need this protection in case you pull a 36”er out of the community pond we don’t want to send 200 anglers to the half acre pond and it can happen because we have a lot more eyes on our posts than just forum members. Let me know if you’re okay with the rule?  They need to let one of the mods know where the lake is to verify it’s in contest area. No Kentucky blues allowed. But we won’t fish it or tell others. Anyway if you’re okay we will add the rule. Later Jeff

OK by me
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
The cat from yesterday.  Cold and windy and was my only bite.  Very light colored fish but what a chunk.
[Image: 20220509-161114-1.jpg]
Great fish and photo Paul.....
Well guys and gals this years contest is almost over. we've got about a month and a half. It has been really tough up here in the north. The heat wave didn't make things better. The river has had little to no flow. all the side channels of the lower bear have been closed. Not to say there is no fish up here just none of the big boys that are usually here.
Now that Fall is upon us and weather is cooling we'll see if things get better. Team North this maybe the best time to get out there. I know that there are a few 28 and 29 inchers swimming around. Try the canals after the gates down at the tour loop of the bird refuge. as always I use carp meat and guts. but liver, sucker meat, nightcrawlers all work. We still have time to give them southerners a run for their money.
[Image: IMG-0094.jpg]

[Image: IMG-0098.jpg]

[Image: IMG-0101.jpg]

[Image: IMG-0160.jpg]
Those are some nice ones John. I hope the really big boys come out and play for you.