Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
thinking about buying a bigger boat
but the cost of oil is skyrocketing and inflation

[Image: Screenshot-2022-03-08-135636.jpg]

but maybe I should buy this   https://harvestright.com/  and start saving my kokanee  and food 

Just waiting for the ice to get of Flaming Gorge,   maybe go after Sturgeon before  gas gets any higher.
(03-08-2022, 09:11 PM)liketrolling Wrote: but the cost of oil is skyrocketing and inflation

but maybe I should buy this   https://harvestright.com/  and start saving my kokanee  and food 

Just waiting for the ice to get of Flaming Gorge,   maybe go after Sturgeon before  gas gets any higher.

If you are asking us, I vote yes on buying another boat Big Grin but you are so right about the cost of gas is skyrocketing. I bought that smaller freeze dryer(FD) about 5 years ago, when they were cheaper, money well spent imo. This year I think I'll be growing a bigger garden and FDing more food, with all food prices predicted climb.
Yeah Robert, you may be right about the boat idea..for now at least...I've been looking at, and considering buying a new truck, and now I'm thinking maybe I should hold off on that for awhile...my '06 is still going good and looks decent, so if I'm putting out 50 or 60 grand and can't keep up with the $150 to fill it each time, well, maybe my timing just isn't quite right for a new one....AND...after you buy that freeze dryer, I'd sure like to have a sampling of your re-constituted smoked or grilled kokanee! Call me when it's done...but please don't wait for 25 years!! Smile
I think I should just tag along with you fishing and pay for half the gas!!! Big Grin
(03-08-2022, 11:23 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 09:11 PM)liketrolling Wrote: but the cost of oil is skyrocketing and inflation

If you are asking us, I vote yes on buying another boat Big Grin but you are so right about the cost of gas is skyrocketing. I bought that smaller freeze dryer(FD) about 5 years ago, when they were cheaper, money well spent imo. This year I think I'll be growing a bigger garden and FDing more food, with all food prices predicted climb
I am not sure about gardening. I heard on ksl today that watering of gardens and grass may be limited to one day a week. We are in a bad spot for water.
Gabe
(03-09-2022, 03:31 AM)Freakyfisherman Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 11:23 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

If you are asking us, I vote yes on buying another boat Big Grin but you are so right about the cost of gas is skyrocketing. I bought that smaller freeze dryer(FD) about 5 years ago, when they were cheaper, money well spent imo. This year I think I'll be growing a bigger garden and FDing more food, with all food prices predicted climb
I am not sure about gardening. I heard on ksl today that watering of gardens and grass may be limited to one day a week. We are in a bad spot for water.
Gabe

It might cost more but until they put a meter on my secondary water they can not control that and even if they do it will only cost more to use culinary water.
Sure hope this gas thing does an about face along with Putin so we can fish without spending all the grocery money to do it... I remember the inflation of the 80's it was crazy with 18% interest rates on car loans and gas going over a dollar a gallon... Always thought prices would go back down, they did a little, but not much, so I guess history should teach me to buy a Geo and get ready for this mess to go on... Hope my credit rates are fixed so they don't start to eat me up as well... Guess I better start saving so I can fill my boat and truck tank at the same time... I'll bet it will be close to $300... Just got back from California and I'm glad Uncle Sugar was paying for the gas down there... $5.799 a gallon yesterday... Less than 5 gallons cost me almost $30... Yup I'm not liking the prospects for the future at this pace... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
"Experts say"... watering just once a week is better anyway, especially if you want deep roots.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(03-11-2022, 03:45 PM)catchinon Wrote: "Experts say"... watering just once a week is better anyway, especially if you want deep roots.

That might be true for a lawn but it depends on the soil and it does not hold true for a garden.
‘Experts say’ to not water landscapes in a rain storm to save water, couldn’t be further from the truth.