Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
UL walleye info...Not needed
Been a member here for 15 years and finally got back on. I finally got into catfishing at UL last year and we had many good trips with the kids and caught a lot of nice channel cats. This spring, it is my goal to catch a walleye on UL. I was going to log in and ask for advice on targeting walleye at UL, but then I found this gem written by TD. Everything in there to get one started. Good to be back and good luck to everyone as the soft water fishing starts to heat up. Wish me luck in my quest to catch a UL walleye.

https://www.floattubefishing.com/fishing...e-fishing/
Good luck, just like the write up says, I dont think he talks about, alot of skunks, watching other catch while you are using the same things and not catching, early days long nights, but is sure is fun when you find a big one,
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
If you are interested, I can get you your old username back for you?
Glad you found that and glad it helps.  I gave permission for that to be "accommodated".  I put my "epistles" together to help others...not to get rich or famous. 

There are a few early 'eyes showing up around Lincoln Beach.  Water temps are finally creeping over the 42 degree mark that typically gets the prespawn feeding period started.  The main spawn will start somewhere between 45 - 50 degrees.  There have been a few individual fish caught in the last week and I suspect there will be more right after this next storm moves through.  The combination of rising temps and a mid-month full moon will likely get the toothy critters coming closer to shore. 

Although most of the "walleye warriors" do not post on BFT, some likely hit Facebook.  So you can check there for reports.  Otherwise, we have a few wallie savvy anglers on BFT who will probably score soon...and may post.  I hope to be one of those myself.  Got some new goodies to try this year. 

By the way, welcome back.  What was your old BFT user name?
(03-08-2022, 11:58 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Glad you found that and glad it helps.  I gave permission for that to be "accommodated".  I put my "epistles" together to help others...not to get rich or famous. 

There are a few early 'eyes showing up around Lincoln Beach.  Water temps are finally creeping over the 42 degree mark that typically gets the prespawn feeding period started.  The main spawn will start somewhere between 45 - 50 degrees.  There have been a few individual fish caught in the last week and I suspect there will be more right after this next storm moves through.  The combination of rising temps and a mid-month full moon will likely get the toothy critters coming closer to shore. 

Although most of the "walleye warriors" do not post on BFT, some likely hit Facebook.  So you can check there for reports.  Otherwise, we have a few wallie savvy anglers on BFT who will probably score soon...and may post.  I hope to be one of those myself.  Got some new goodies to try this year. 

By the way, welcome back.  What was your old BFT user name?

My old BFT name was born2fish. I have been an avid fly fisherman for about 30 years and used to float tube 30-40 days a year. I have kids now and so we mostly fish from shore, ice fish, or take out a small aluminum boat and jig fish as it is hard and expensive to get the whole family out on tubes these days. I still manage to tube small alpine lakes with large brook and tiger trout 3 or 4 times a year. I hope to run out to lincoln beach on saturday and see how it goes. I am guess this time of year, bait under and bobber and soft baits fished slowly would work better than hard baits?
March 5 last year... this year it's cooler so give it a week or two
[Image: 20200304-203153.jpg]
Wish the picture was better but when its 30 degrees at midnight standing in the water with cold frozen hands thats the best I could do