Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing the San Rafael River in Castle Dale
Long time reader first time poster. Has anyone ever fished the San Rafael River in Castle Dale? 
I camp, hike, and atv all the time down there but I never seen anyone fish the river. It's this because three isn't anything in this river? I googled this question and found there's a type of chub but I couldn't find if anyone really fishes this river or if there is anything else worth fishing for. I would hate to waste my time fishing for a rock fish. (Lol)
Not much water, green river looks like the best water in the area. Maybe Joe's valley, little far away.
(03-09-2022, 03:50 AM)Atv fly fisher Wrote: Long time reader first time poster. Has anyone ever fished the San Rafael River in Castle Dale? 
I camp, hike, and atv all the time down there but I never seen anyone fish the river. It's this because three isn't anything in this river? I googled this question and found there's a type of chub but I couldn't find if anyone really fishes this river or if there is anything else worth fishing for. I would hate to waste my time fishing for a rock fish. (Lol)

There are a few chubs and minnows, but not enough water and oxygen grow any gamefish of any size. In the fall, there is almost no current there. I wouldn't waste my time. Hunting North, Millsite, and Straight Canyon are worth fishing, however, Millsite is record low this year and not sure how well the fish made it through the winter.
Thank you for your replies. I was hoping that there would something worth fishing for, but I had a feeling that there wouldn't be.