Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quiet Strawberry on 3/12
Road to marina normal bumpy snow covered spring condition. [More like slushy, icy, washboard but doable in 2wd]
Edges are firm
Maybe 4 or so inches of snow on top of the ice. We didn't find any slush. ATV and UTV travel seemed unrestricted. Even saw an ATV with 6 adults on it traveling.
Ice was almost full auger depth. No layers of slush found throughout the entire ice depth where we drilled.

Went to normal productive in summer and winter spot. Fished in 26 to 30 feet of water using white tubes, Ned rigs, tungsten, tipped with wax worms and dirt worms. Iced only one nice rainbow. The bite was light. It wasn't the lure or bait. The fish finder was quiet all day. Maybe saw 20 fish come through.
Weather was great. Not very busy for a Saturday. Didn't hear whoops and hollers from those around us when a fish was caught. Thinking it was slow for them too?
My Son-in-law and I arrived Friday evening to the marina.  Loaded up the 4 wheeler and sleds and went across the bay towards the narrows.  Fished out in the bay before the narrows in 77 feet of water.  Fished all night until 830am.  We caught about 50 fish!  Fishing was crazy hot at night but slowed dramatically when others started to arrive in the morning.  Was cold outside but warm in our tent!  Everything we caught were cuts in the slot, so released everything.  Packed up at 830am and drove the 4wheeler back.  Got it stuck on the ramp trying to pull the 3 sleds of crap we took out.  This was our first time night fishing, so we packed way too much stuff.  Next time will be better.  Had to use the winch on the 4wheeler and pull it out of being stuck on the ramp. Saw another 2 guys with a snow dog.  I heard them talking and they said they also stayed all night and caught about 90 fish I think.  Not sure who that was.  Overall it was a great time!
[Image: Strawberry-1.jpg]

[Image: Strawberry-2.jpg]

[Image: Strawberry-3.jpg]

[Image: Strawberry-4.jpg]