Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard North 3-21
Arrived at the North Marina about 4ish P.M. with my wife and kids tonight to try and shake off the skunk I received the last 3 trips and to at least break even with my wife's score of 2 fish out of 3 trips. I started out hucking a 5 inch crawler Carolina rigged threaded to the middle leaving the tail wagging on a bait clicker and a shrimp on a water bubble with a trip line. The shrimp was bit first catching a 21" Wiper which appeared to be starving. After landing the Wiper the bait clicker started buzzing and my son reeled in a 23" kitty. I did it, I broke even and was tied with my Wife's Willard count for the season. At least for a few minutes. She landed a 24" kitty using shrimp. Once again she is in the lead. The wind was brisk coming from the Northwest. Once the Sun was above the Western horizon the bites stopped and the temp was starting to drop. Good time out with the family tonight and as the weather warms the fishing should to.
[Image: received-275499314751200.jpg]

[Image: received-546070880061947.jpg]
You seem to know what to do it just sounds like your wife can do it better j/k haha I know it's a luck that encircles women. I was in the same boat a few years ago with my wife. I was teaching her how to fish in our new boat and she doesn't know a lik about fishing. She goes on to catch 3:1 for 4 trips before I caught back up. I would like to blame it on me tieing knots but my poles were out it was here's landing the fishing needing new baits so go figure. She still won't touch a fish.

Your little side kick looks like he's enjoying himself. That is what the whole thing is for is memories with the kids. I took up fishing 6 years ago needing to find a new hobby and 1 kid has taken it interest, 1 so so, and 2 not even. But I'm hoping they come around
Great job, I love hearing wiper biting.... Thanks for the report... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Nice report, always fun when you can get the kids involved in fishing at a young age. Sounds like the warmer temps are getting all the fish going at Willard.