Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek again
Took a friend and headed out to Deer Creek. Started late (10:30) but better than staying home. We fished the west side and took home 8 nice super fat bows. We were out of the eater and headed home by 2pm. Lost my new glasses on the ramp area, but worth it to get out. We just used flashers and worms. Most fish caught at 20ish fee down. Largest bow was 19", but they were very healthy and orange as could be.
Thanks for the report, were you using inline weights to get down to 20 ft or downriggers?
(03-29-2022, 09:37 PM)stlaf Wrote: Took a friend and headed out to Deer Creek. Started late (10:30) but better than staying home. We fished the west side and took home 8 nice super fat bows. We were out of the eater and headed home by 2pm. Lost my new glasses on the ramp area, but worth it to get out. We just used flashers and worms. Most fish caught at 20ish fee down. Largest bow was 19", but they were very healthy and orange as could be.

I solo tripped Deer Creek Fri. the 1st.
Catching was pretty fast using apex behind a flasher.  The fish were smaller than my last trip. I think my largest was 15" or so.  Lots and lots of L.D.R.s  (long distance release). Don't know what that was all about.
My best catching was from the island then towards Charleston.
Almost all my fish were at 10' or so.  Could not get any consistent action if I went deeper.  Lots and lots of doubles.  Seemed as though they were schooling because alot of the time both rods would hook up at the same time.
(04-02-2022, 04:41 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Thanks for the report, were you using inline weights to get down to 20 ft or downriggers?

downriggers