Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
De-Wintered it today
I'm headed to Sand Hollow in a few days, so it was time to check out the FAC CZECH after the long winter. I keep it in a storage building, so weather issues are minor. First thing I did was check the tire pressure. Oops. The valve in the stem of the left tire didn't reseat, giving me that awful hiss. I quickly put the cap back on and tightened it down. Then hooked up as quickly as I could and drove the mile to Les Schwab. They confirmed the valve was bad, replaced it, handed me a few spares, and filled both trailer ties to the correct amount. No charge. Wouldn't even accept a tip. Good people there. 

Got to Willard and did a very thorough inspection and pre-launch checklist. Realized I had left my boat papers and fishing license at home. Well, heck. Decided to launch anyway. Motor started right away and I idled a long way out in the channel to make sure of my depth. Then I did a mini-break-in, changing RPMs and taking it easy. Made a full circuit of Willard. (Finally found that darn island, too!) Got back to the dock, backed the truck down and the boat motor wouldn't start. Showed FAULT on my Vessel View app. Crap. Took a careful look around, checked everything - and noticed that I'd pulled out the kill switch key when I stood up to tie in at the dock. 

Guys in a boat behind me (waiting patiently to use the dock) laughed along with me, said they'd done that many times. And then one of them offered to pull my truck forward when I got on the trailer. What a nice gesture, and it got me out with dry feet. 

Anyway, it was a minor adventure, bad things happened in threes, but nothing serious, and I'm ready for the trip to Sand Hollow.
Glad it all worked out, even if you had a few problems. I have to ask though what does FAC CZECH stand for?
That what I named my Tracker Classic XL. It's a double pun.