Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there anyone you know hardcore Uinta lakes angler?
I backpact into Pinto Lake and Rainbow 14 years ago with some friends that were going there every year. We planed to eat fish as our main diet. There was big cutthroat swimming around at the edge of the water, but they were smart and wouldn't bite. My friends couldn't catch a fish with the normal flies and spinners they usually use. I too had mainly spinners with me. But I did throw in a three pack of Castmasters. A silver, silver and blue, and brass. And the second day I tied one on and first cast got a two pound Brooke. Almost every cast I would get another. Or a snag. I only had 4 lb. Test on my spinning reel and there was lots of dead trees in the water to snag my lures. So it didn't take long to loose all my castmasters. The color didn't seem to mater, they all worked great. I got plenty to eat for everyone. One of my friends had a little brass castmaster. Only about an inch long. He gave that to me, and that worked also.

There are so many different lakes it would take a lifetime to fish them all.
But what about the lakes you can drive to. I grew up fishing Brownie Lake and Sheep creek Lake. Brownie and the creek below for brookies. And Sheep Creek for big cutthroat. And lots of others. Whitney, Smith & Morhouse, Marsh and Moon lake for example.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is there anyone you know hardcore Uinta lakes angler? - by fast_randy - 04-18-2022, 02:36 PM