Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow day at Saratoga marina
Took my oldest child out to Saratoga Marina to see if we could catch a few WB. Fishing was brutally slow. The kid caught the one and only WB about an hour into our fishing, then 45 minutes later caught a crappie. Decided to move and get closer to home since I had to work this afternoon. Hit the Jordan near the pump house and the kid caught a carp but couldn’t land it on the 6lb test!

No fish for me today, but seeing my kid Smile and yell ‘fish on’ was worth it. 

[Image: 354-D6-DFF-E33-C-455-E-8-E8-C-26643-B4-E6-C6-F.jpg]

[Image: CC7765-A6-C32-B-41-D2-A7-FB-8-BF071806840.jpg]
Crazy how year after year that harbor has been pounded to death and always produces fish. We've had 300+ whitebass days down there, this year is seems few and far between even when it froze and during ice off we've really just been scrounging the bottom of the barrel down there. Nice job on the fish though and a couple is always better then a 0! I know my daughter loves just catching any fish so yuba carp are always a 100% thing it seems like if you ever want to have that 6lb line get ripped! Little bread on a trebbel hook!
(05-17-2022, 02:40 AM)Fritzfishin Wrote: Crazy how year after year that harbor has been pounded to death and always produces fish.  We've had 300+ whitebass days down there,  this year is seems few and far between even when it froze and during ice off we've really just been scrounging the bottom of the barrel down there. Nice job on the fish though and a couple is always better then a 0! I know my daughter loves just catching any fish so yuba carp are always a 100% thing it seems like if you ever want to have that 6lb line get ripped! Little bread on a trebbel hook!

Thanks, yes even one fish is better than no fish. I hadn’t ever been to Saratoga marina, but had read all those amazing reports, will have to try some other spots in a few weeks when things warm up a bit more. 

Those carp out there were making quite a ruckus rolling in the shallows.
Thanks for the report and picture! WB are a little harder to find this year. It aslways great when the kids have fun!