Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackson lake WY
You might be interested in my wyoming trip. Just got back last night. Fished for 5 hours and then drove back to SLC. In one day. 
Started with about 15 to 20 mph winds, but you can find some sheltered spots.  Launched at Leeks marina, Colter bay is way far away from water.

[Image: 20220520-070344.jpg]

Fish were not hard to find but a little slow at first.
When you have a view like this its hard to always watch your pole.

[Image: 20220520-102547.jpg]

[Image: 20220520-131510.jpg]

But fishing was very Good for nice Mac's caught as many as we wanted, with some nice browns .

[Image: 20220520-090906.jpg]

Some say they don't eat Mac's I do but the smaller ones are best.

[Image: 20220520-170707.jpg]

I'll be going back!!
Looks like a fun trip. Thanks for sharing the photos.
That looks like a lot of fun. How long does the drive take? Which way do you go?
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(05-21-2022, 02:48 PM)catchinon Wrote: That looks like a lot of fun. How long does the drive take? Which way do you go?

Go through Evanston, cokeville, afton.  4 hours. Then through jackson hole to lake jackson 2 hours. Got cousins in afton.  It's great when someone else is driving.  And using someone else's boat.  I was a free loader.
Nice.  Good to see you got some reward for the long drive and wind conditions.  But, as you observed, the scenery almost makes it okay to have poor fishing.  Too bad that whole area has been "yuppieized".  Ain't what it used to was.
Yes, that great Teton, jackson hole area is not what we all loved years ago. Never go in summer season. The development has over run the beauty.
Yeah, well, the Western Slope of Colorado has the same problem. Years ago I saw a bumper sticker on a sign on a gate into a good hunting area. It said, "Don't Californicate Colorado." Didn't help a lot.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

There are a lot of places in Idaho where we once had family fishing trips that are now "Californicated".  Big private ranches with no trespassing signs all over the place.  No livestock and no crops.  Just big expensive homes and lots of impassable fencing. 

I watched a program on Idaho the other night on "Outdoor Idaho"...about the Sawtooth Mountains.  There was a portion about the big homes being built along sensitive riparian areas.  The narrator referred to this as people building "monuments to themselves".
Sounds like a great trip for you even though it was a long road trip... Thanks for sharing some beautiful pictures... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Wow, a one day trip to Jackson Lake and return is epic. I'll bet you slept well after getting home. Thanks for sharing.