Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little trip west
My brother is in town from Hawaii, he hasn't fished in 15 years. Took him out to my secret bass hole in the west desert here, I got 6 largemouth, set him up with corn and he got about a 8 or 9lb carp... guessing could be bigger could be smaller. Needless to say he wants to go again. 
[Image: 20220522-161417.jpg]
(05-23-2022, 01:09 AM)Fritzfishin Wrote: My brother is in town from Hawaii, he hasn't fished in 15 years. Took him out to my secret bass hole in the west desert here, I got 6 largemouth, set him up with corn and he got about a 8 or 9lb carp... guessing could be bigger could be smaller. Needless to say he wants to go again. 

Your brother lives in Hawaii and he doesn't fish there, he is missing out. Glad your guys got into some good catching while he is here.
(05-23-2022, 02:14 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(05-23-2022, 01:09 AM)Fritzfishin Wrote: My brother is in town from Hawaii, he hasn't fished in 15 years. Took him out to my secret bass hole in the west desert here, I got 6 largemouth, set him up with corn and he got about a 8 or 9lb carp... guessing could be bigger could be smaller. Needless to say he wants to go again. 

Your brother lives in Hawaii and he doesn't fish there, he is missing out. Glad your guys got into some good catching while he is here.
Ya hes not very outdoorsy, he's in the air force and lives at the pearl harbor base. Might take him to grantsville for some trout for the smoker while he's here to.
(05-23-2022, 02:21 AM)Fritzfishin Wrote:
(05-23-2022, 02:14 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

Ya hes not very outdoorsy, he's in the air force and lives at the pearl harbor base. Might take him to grantsville for some trout for the smoker while he's here to.
Good luck if you get out to Grantsville. I've been to Hawaii twice and both times I went out with a charter but it's not cheap. Fishing from shore is cheaper but harder, unless you know the area but I would bet there are people on the base there, that go out all the time. Maybe you will get him interested by getting him on some fish while he is here.
When I visited Pearl Harbor, I was blown away by how many barracuda were hanging out near the shore. I saw one guy fishing for them and tried to talk to him- he had no interest in talking to me, though. Not that I can blame him.
Just something to pass along to your bro!
Ya hes never had any interest in fishing, I havent seen him in about 6 years so it was a excuse to go out and have a beer and wet a line. Hes here for I think 10 days and I dunno if ill see him again while he's here or not. Were not super close so that little 1 hr fishing trip could be a memory that'll last a while.