Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Reg change at Minersville
Back to bait

Back to bait

Four for the plate

That seals their faith

☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️
I don't see where this was posted on the DWR's website. May I ask what is your source?
Boooo, if true.  

I couldn't find anything about it either on the news or DWR sources.  Where did you hear this?
As of right now, no regulation changes have been made. Minersville is still operating under special regs, which includes artificial flies and lures only.

Whether or not this is changed as the summer goes on is up in the air. The good news is that the temporary changes from last summer WORKED, resulting in fewer fish in the lake - which means better chances for the remaining fish to survive low water conditions that may pop up as the summer months come.
(05-23-2022, 11:00 PM)castnshoot Wrote: Back to bait

Back to bait

Four for the plate

That seals their faith

☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️
I think you meant ‘fate’ instead of ‘faith’…
Talked to the DWR Chief Officer up there this ice-off (which was terrible) and he said they messed up last year by allowing bait and removing the slot...was hoping they learned their lesson. Fingers crossed.
(05-24-2022, 08:23 PM)richyd4u Wrote: Talked to the DWR Chief Officer up there this ice-off (which was terrible) and he said they messed up last year by allowing bait and removing the slot...was hoping they learned their lesson. Fingers crossed.

that's interesting.  Not sure who the "chief officer" was -- but I talked with the biologists, including the Southern Region Aquatics Manager, and he's happy with the gill netting results, and said that allowing bait last summer lowered populations enough to provide the remaining trout an opportunity to thrive today.  Gill netting showed the same.

I'm not saying that the "chief officer" is full of crap -- but if he truly said "they messed up", then he's full of crap.  Talk to a biologist next time instead of the law enforcement guys.
(05-24-2022, 08:23 PM)richyd4u Wrote: Talked to the DWR Chief Officer up there this ice-off (which was terrible) and he said they messed up last year by allowing bait and removing the slot...was hoping they learned their lesson. Fingers crossed.

I never had ice off there as been as bad as it was this year.
(05-23-2022, 11:00 PM)castnshoot Wrote: Back to bait

Back to bait

Four for the plate

That seals their faith

☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️

Back to bait

Back to bait

Only thing wrong was the spelling and the date☹️
It's not a bad thing. With the water situation, we'll be losing fish anyway. Might as well let some people take some fish home.
PBH, I agree no need waisting them. Not the big crowds down here this time, even though they unofficial quit enforcing the bait regs  a month or so ago.

Setting here watching some nice showers roll in from the porch. Hope they keep on coming just to keep the afternoons cool if nothing else.
[Image: 0-E056956-5975-4526-877-C-E37-CB96-D7760.jpg]
(07-12-2022, 11:05 PM)castnshoot Wrote: PBH, I agree no need waisting them. Not the big crowds down here this time, even though they unofficial quit enforcing the bait regs  a month or so ago.

Setting here watching some nice showers roll in from the porch. Hope they keep on coming just to keep the afternoons cool if nothing else.
[Image: 0-E056956-5975-4526-877-C-E37-CB96-D7760.jpg]
Drove up and found any bighorn yet?
The lions have dinning well ,,sheep for breakfast, lunch , and dinner.☹️