Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Rockport Attempts ??
I haven't been to Rockport since ice fishing...just wondering if any of you trollers have been to R.P. yet this season...doing any good there? We've done pretty fair for decent size 'bows at East Canyon, but it's time for a change...
I have been to Rockport twice this year. Both times I was successful trolling the west side with green dodger and green squid tipped with a nightcrawler. Depth was between 5 and 15 feet. All were 14-18 inch Rainbows except one 15 inch Kokanee. Good luck!
Tks for info..might give that a try my next boat outing...before our water problems, we used to do pretty good trolling the East side, over the river bed...Guess I'm a 'NavyVet' also...my name would be 'NavyVet72'....two Vietnam cruises '69 and '70, then 2 years Treasure Island...Anyhow, thanks for your Navy service...hope to see you out on the water...Guluk...
The water level was about 85% and rising. I was surprised to see it that high but thankful it is coming back up. 

Thanks for your Service as well. I joined the Navy in 1985 and retired in 2015. Served on 5 ships (3 DDG, 1 CG and 1 LHA), moved 18 times and spent my last 12 years stationed on an island (Japan, Hawaii and Guam). Great memories!

Good luck at Rockport!