Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best lakes/baits for suckers?
Any tips on where to go and what to throw to bring in some suckers for channel cat bait?
(06-01-2022, 08:32 PM)filletedalive Wrote: Any tips on where to go and what to throw to bring in some suckers for channel cat bait?

Did you miss this post?
https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/showthre...id=1101118
I did thanks. I’m in nsl just a few minutes from the old Jordan river so I will go drown some worms and see what takes it.
(06-01-2022, 10:55 PM)filletedalive Wrote: I did thanks. I’m in nsl just a few minutes from the old Jordan river so I will go drown some worms and see what takes it.

Two days ago, I tried the location that was kindly shared with me, on The Mighty Jordan River, and didn't have any bites from any fish.  The river was running high (perhaps normal for this time of year) and was stained some.  Perhaps I fished it too soon after all the weekend storm. 

I also live in NSL, so hit me up when you make a sucker run and if available I would gladly tag along.  I have fished The Mighty Jordan River, locally, in years past and have only caught carp, but they also work for catfish and sturgeon (why I wanted a sucker).