Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport today, June 1
100 mile round trip to Rockport turned out pretty good for us this A.M., trolling mainly toward the West shoreline, to the face of the dam, and then back south again...First time here in a few years with my boat...water is WAY up ATT...it'd be nice if it would stay this way...it does bode well for the perch hatch, which I guess would be done by now??..with this much water, I think the 'bows are scattered, but we did catch fish along the way...we used planers and downriggers, all 4 poles catching for us...hits were either shallow, 13-14', or 20-25'...very rarely I'd see something at 39 to 41', and I'd quickly try to get down there to see what they were, but never got a hit - hoping it might be a kokanee...Pleasant A.M. on the water...Guluk...
We were fishing at the same time, but at different places Joe.   Big Grin

Fist boat trip for me this season and we went to East Canyon.  Didn't run the planers; DRs all the way.  Depth's ran 15 to 40 feet with some nice fatties coming from all of them.  Ran some green and pink Tamahawks and pink Pro-Trolls as well as a couple of shad raps (hoping for a wiper hit).  Caught the 'bows on all of them.  Lots of arial displays and all takers released.  And the best part was no power squadron in attendance.    Smile

I'm thinking that Willard will up for next week.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(06-02-2022, 03:42 AM)Jmorfish Wrote: 100 mile round trip to Rockport turned out pretty good for us this A.M., trolling mainly toward the West shoreline, to the face of the dam, and then back south again...First time here in a few years with my boat...water is WAY up ATT...it'd be nice if it would stay this way...it does bode well for the perch hatch, which I guess would be done by now??..with this much water, I think the 'bows are scattered, but we did catch fish along the way...we used planers and downriggers, all 4 poles catching for us...hits were either shallow, 13-14', or 20-25'...very rarely I'd see something at 39 to 41', and I'd quickly try to get down there to see what they were, but never got a hit - hoping it might be a kokanee...Pleasant A.M. on the water...Guluk...

Thanks for the report Joe, good to hear the lake is so full after those low water conditions there last year, do you think it is close to filling? From my experience the perch usually spawn right around ice off, so I'm sure the lake was much lower then. Sure would be nice to seesome kokes start showing up there this year. Were all your fish bows or did you catch any browns?
Hey Curt, Bob---river bed no longer visible, as full as I've seen it...10 came to the net for us, 1 (smallest) was a brown..largest 3 or 4 were 16"..I do bring mine home, and as I've said before, I fillet them and have a ready group that appreciate the fresh fish..Yes, I prefer a kokanee, walleye, perch, or a crappie feast, but once in awhile I'll save a nice trout fillet for myself also...bleed 'em out, keep 'em on ice, fillet 'em as soon as you can...good eating....Bob, I'd fished E.C. 4 times earlier, so just wanted to give R.P. a try, and glad we did...but I'll be back to E.C. Saturday, the 11th, for DNR's Kayak fishing/training/safety event...Yes, I'll have my kayak..yes, you know why I'll be there....