Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mirror Lake Highway?
Hello all,
I hope your fishing adventures have been great.

Has anyone ventured up the Mirror Lake Highway.  I know that the highway is open over Bald Mountain Pass, but what about the side roads and the lakes?  Is fishing possible yet?

Thanks in advance.
(06-02-2022, 09:39 PM)Matador Wrote: Hello all,
I hope your fishing adventures have been great.

Has anyone ventured up the Mirror Lake Highway.  I know that the highway is open over Bald Mountain Pass, but what about the side roads and the lakes?  Is fishing possible yet?

Thanks in advance.

I saw a picture of Trial Lake that someone had posted on FB within the last couple of days.  Still covered in ice with what looked like soft edges.  No open water along the edge.  Could be some at the inlet, but the picture didn't show that part of the lake.  Looked like it was taken near the dam.
Thank you for the information Jig-Fisher. It helps a lot.
We made it up into the area around Trial Lake on Saturday, so I thought I would report what I saw.

I am ashamed to say that I was in such a hurry to get to my target lake that I didn't actually go see the water in Trial Lake, but I know that the fisherman parking area was accessible by car. I know from experience that the lake usually thaws out before the parking area does, so I am sure the lake is ice-free. I talked to a couple of other folks who had been hiking around and they didn't mention that any other lakes were still frozen, so I am sure that the area is generally open.

Another piece of valuable information that may interest some is that the Crystal Lake Trailhead is closed for construction, so you can't drive in there. The road is blocked off where the Washington Lake road turns off the main road. There were about a bazillion cars parked up and down that section of the main road. There were a lot of people everywhere all along the Spring Canyon road. Who can blame them, since the conditions were wonderful.

My son and I hiked into a lake away from the road. The fishing was great for decent sized brookies. It was typical early spring fishing in the Uintas. Catching was fast using night crawlers. It was soooo good to get out again.
Great report and it sounds like a lot of fun... J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
I forgot to add a photo.
Here is proof of our fish story...

[Image: 20220611-120449.jpg]