Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln Beach boat ramp
With the low Utah Lake water levels, I was wondering how the channel  depth is at Lincoln Beach. There has been talk for years about getting it dredged which is needed. The last time the water was this low I could feel the bow plowing through the mud.  Once you clear the channel the bottom drops off several feet which makes me breath a sigh of relief.  I have a wide 16.5' Alumacraft so I don't draft very deep. Any insight would be appreciated.
(06-03-2022, 10:06 PM)Johnson1040 Wrote: With the low Utah Lake water levels, I was wondering how the channel  depth is at Lincoln Beach. There has been talk for years about getting it dredged which is needed. The last time the water was this low I could feel the bow plowing through the mud.  Once you clear the channel the bottom drops off several feet which makes me breath a sigh of relief.  I have a wide 16.5' Alumacraft so I don't draft very deep. Any insight would be appreciated.

Johnson, welcome to the forum.

Right now you won't have any problem launching. Water depth in the channel, below the transducer averages 2.5' Stay in the middle you'll be fine.

Keep us posted, let us know how it works for you. We also like fish stories.

rj
I launched about 3 weeks ago and I have a20' maxum bow rider that I made into a fishing boat. I kept my outboard motor trimmed up slightly for insurance against hitting but I had no problems launching, fishing, or trailering my boat