Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dried out power bait
I stumbled across a way to revive dried out power bait......add a few drops of lemon juice from a bottle,give it 24 hours good as new
if still a little dry adda little more.. just a little at a time
Are trout attracted to lemon scent? Being such a powerful smell theyre not use to i wonder if they'd be interested in it.
(06-06-2022, 11:01 PM)Fritzfishin Wrote: Are trout attracted to lemon scent? Being such a powerful smell theyre not use to i wonder if they'd be interested in it.

You not only want the PowerBait revived but you also want it to still catch fish!  You are a picky one. Wink
Anything different to them may work well.
The various scents will also do the trick of rehydrating. Maybe mix them with lemon juice and see what happens. FYI Scheels had a ton of pink maggots last week.
Have you tried just plain water? I have used plain water for reviving crappie nibbles and it worked for them.
Many salmon guides wash all there tackle with lemon scented joy dish soap to get human odor and rancid scent off, the salmon don’t seem to mind it at all.
I have revived many bottles over the years when I worked at tackle shop with plain water just add very little at a time and seal tight. I dint use or mess with it much anymore.
My guess is Berkley gulp liquid or trout power bait liquid would work great and no question trout like it.
Mildog out
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life
thanks for the tips. now I don't need to throw them away.