Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi old friends! Headed to Strawberry
Hey BFT board.  

Its been a few years since I posted.  Since moving out of the area Ive lost touch. I am headed up to Strawberry to take my dad on a fishing trip.  

I have my dodgers and squid set ups for Kokanee I used several years ago.  We will be fishing the soldier creek side as we hit rainbow early and jig for Cutts late with Kokanee trolling mixed in. 

Any tips y’all have would be very much appreciated.  

I’ll be happy to return advise after our trip Friday. 

Glad to see so many are still active here.

I’ve been active fishing the coast. It’s a different game with its own entertainment
[Image: 38-BBB8-FF-04-F3-4962-BFCD-80-FBD847664-A.jpg]
Try the RMT billed squid.  Works well 4 me.
Nice shark. Most reports have been a little off lately, hopefully you will find some success. A month ago the kokes were biting on pink squids on the SC side, down at 35 to 40 ft, can't give you any first hand current info since then. Good to see you found your way back to the site.
I was there last week, the thermocline wasn’t really good yet so the fish are all through the column. We were one of the first boats on in the morning and last off in the late afternoon. Really had to work to find and interest the Kokanee. I’ll take some depth temps later this week if I get the chance and if my Fish Hawk still works.
We had a great day fishing the berry yesterday. Thanks for the feedback.

I divide up Strawberry trips into three parts.

For the first 2 hours starting just pre sunrise we troll for bows. Yesterday we caught 17 in the bow phase. That’s about average for us.

Second two hours we target kokes. We boated 6 lost 2 at the boat and had 2 more on. We also reeled in 2 Cutts. For us, that is a great Koke trip.

Last part of the trip is Jigging Cutts. We caught 20 ish including one 23” slot buster.

The weather was a little of everything. Cool early with very light rain occasionally. Hot after sunup. And windy starting at 11
(06-18-2022, 01:03 PM)MasterDaad Wrote: We had a great day fishing the berry yesterday.  Thanks for the feedback.

I divide up Strawberry trips into three parts.

For the first 2 hours starting just pre sunrise we troll for bows.  Yesterday we caught 17 in the bow phase.  That’s about average for us.

Second two hours we target kokes.  We boated 6 lost 2 at the boat and had 2 more on.  We also reeled in 2 Cutts. For us, that is a great Koke trip.

Last part of the trip is Jigging Cutts. We caught 20 ish including one 23” slot buster.

The weather was a little of everything.  Cool  early with very light rain occasionally. Hot after sunup. And windy starting at 11
Sounds like a decent trip, any size to the kokes?